Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

May be a bit of a clever move to NOT have his coaching staff there for first day. This way the players don't get overwhelmed by all the new faces and instead get a day with the main man, being coached by him, taking instructions from him. Even just him and probably Macphee to help out, he obviously knows what he wants from them and having no others around allows him to point out his way of doing things before his generals come in and take over the smaller details.

Sounds like they are 3 years old or animals…too many people will confuse/overwhelm them.  Good job the players don’t have real jobs where we face this stuff every day…

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Compare that with Stevie who had a picture of himself in a Liverpool shirt for his entire tenure 🤮

Maybe he was just lining himself up for the next job.

I wonder how that's going. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

May be a bit of a clever move to NOT have his coaching staff there for first day. This way the players don't get overwhelmed by all the new faces and instead get a day with the main man, being coached by him, taking instructions from him. Even just him and probably Macphee to help out, he obviously knows what he wants from them and having no others around allows him to point out his way of doing things before his generals come in and take over the smaller details.

The general thought is that that is down to visa issues, but I absolutely agree. 

Whether forced or intentional it was great he was alone. One voice, I’m the boss kind of thing. 

It will interesting to see how how training develops, as you say, he seems very hands on so his coaches are probably more support staff for want of a better word. 

Obviously this is just reading too much into it and Unai probably has to do it since it's the first time with the squad, but think it's noticeable already that the highlights show team drills.

Too many of the Gerrard training highlights, especially at the end, had individual dummy drills. "Moments of magic" instead of shape, act-react, and of course - patTErnS oF pLaY

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Stevie G must think this is witchcraft 

Honestly I believe all Gerrard was doing was either A: Join the training like he was a player or B: Just stand on the sideline and watch.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Any sighting of Guilbert on the released footage/images? Not that he would make a huge difference but would be nice if he was given a fresh chance.

I don't get this. Multiple managers have decided he isn't good enough. VT hard on for him doesn't make sense.

Last I saw him play, his positional awareness was terrible. We have Cash, Young and even Chambers I would put ahead of FG right now.

• Like 2

Â