Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Depends what you mean by delivers.

I think even if he doesn't deliver, he'll get plenty of time IF it's obvious that he's building something.

Fans will justify bad results if we can see that the club is going somewhere. If Emery's style is obvious even though it hasn't quite clicked yet, he'll get plenty of time.

If we're not getting results AND we perform like we did with Gerrard then he'll get rightly hounded out.

I agree with all of this.

So what can we expect the new manager to achieve?

The culture at Villa has the habit of defeating just about every manager who has taken the job, over decades, so it is a big ask.

I just hope Villa can avoid relegation but based on Saturday's performance I don't put much confidence in that hope.

Just now, MakemineVanilla said:

The culture at Villa has the habit of defeating just about every manager who has taken the job, over decades, so it is a big ask.

I just hope Villa can avoid relegation but based on Saturday's performance I don't put much confidence in that hope.

This season well clear of relegation.

Next season comfortably in the top half.

I'd like a good cup run as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Without taking words out of Purslow's mouth, the manager (and any manager we hire) needs to achieve continuous improvement.

The moment a manager can't keep improving the club, they should go

3 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Welcome Unai, you have our full support. The place will be rocking for your first home game. Continuous improvement is all we ask; we don't expect miracles. 

Speak for yourself. I want Ollie looking like a goal scorer by the end of the week 🤣

2 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

The negativity in here already makes me laugh. I give us a couple of weeks before I hear “Unami out”.

Just give the dude a chance. The shit show of the weekend is nothing to do with him. Now he’s got to work with the same pool of players, but players that have been mismanaged for a very long period of time.

He needs until the end of Jan to steady the ship, and I’ll be giving him a 100% free pass until That point.

Best manager we could’ve gotten by a long shot. 

Tbh, “the end of Jan” is not giving him a chance to stead the ship and isn’t consistent with the vibe of your post. 3 months to go essentially completely rebuild and rejuvenate one of the worst teams in the league, and that’s without considering the end of Jan doesn’t give him a chance to work with his own signings and also doesn’t take into account a winter World Cup. He needs a year minimum. 

• Like 2

To be honest the rest of this season will be difficult to judge as we don't know the severity of the damage Gerrard's reign has done, and how long it would take a master surgeon to repair. I'm happy with stability coming back and getting to the end of the season in one piece. We've got a World Class manager and coaching team in now so it's time to let them do their thing and set about tearing up the nonsense that went on before and transfer the mentality, ethos and culture of the squad. It's not an overnight thing. I expect to see though, some unexpected wins, some soul crushing defeats but after a while we'll get consistency back and then push on from their.

Rome wasn't built in a day! That said I actually think the fanbase as a whole will be patient as hell!

Â