Unai Emery

PeterSw

26 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Nothing wrong with it. I’d take top 12 and winning the Carabao cup if you gave it to me now. 

Take it? You've got to be in your mid 30s to have any memory of us winning a cup. I'd snap your arm off to win a cup and stay up.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can just picture the scene Tuesday morning at BMH......with all the players waiting for Unai

when a voice, screams "little pigs, little pigs.....Here's Johnny"......and an axe comes through the door.

I hope they **** themselves.

I know you’re joking to some extent, but I think that there was an element of that approach with Gerrard. Times have changed since the days of Ron Saunders, Clough and Fergie. Players don’t respond to fear theses days. For a start off, they can earn enough to live the rest of their days inside a year, so they’re not in any fear of losing their job. I think good managers realise this, unfortunately Gerrard didn’t come close to being a good manager. 

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I know you’re joking to some extent, but I think that there was an element of that approach with Gerrard. Times have changed since the days of Ron Saunders, Clough and Fergie. Players don’t respond to fear theses days. For a start off, they can earn enough to live the rest of their days inside a year, so they’re not in any fear of losing their job. I think good managers realise this, unfortunately Gerrard didn’t come close to being a good manager. 

Not only that, but in 10 minutes they’ll be on the phone asking their agent to find them a new club. It’s the players market, and if they feel hard done by, agent goes to work.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CBGB said:

Honestly, with his record, I’d give 3 years no matter what (even relegation). 

If we are around the relegation places by the end of the season everyone will be calling for his head. 

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

If we are around the relegation places by the end of the season everyone will be calling for his head. 

People will be comparing him to Howe and Newcastle.

Howe got them up and running almost instantly.

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

That’s my point. He should be given a lot of time because of his record. He’s worth giving leeway to.

Edited by CBGB

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Did anyone have a half decent performance? Barring mings and bailey everyone else looked shite.

Pathetic  way to bring the new manager in. Way to go to destroy the positivity that was built last week.

Dog shit

Luiz ?

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Did anyone have a half decent performance? Barring mings and bailey everyone else looked shite.

Pathetic  way to bring the new manager in. Way to go to destroy the positivity that was built last week.

Dog shit

I thought majority of them were good the first half until the goal. Hell, even Olsen made a great save when he came in.

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I thought majority of them were good the first half until the goal. Hell, even Olsen made a great save when he came in.

I get your point but even 1st half they were not that good. 2nd half most of the team should not bothered coming out 2nd half. It was a horror show

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

We can't rely on a good 40 minutes when the players feel like it, it is not fair on NSWE and the fans who invest a lot into this team.

Edited by Villa_Vids

8 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

People will be comparing him to Howe and Newcastle.

Howe got them up and running almost instantly.

Took a while to get that first win they were winless until they got reinforcements in but they were drawing and becoming hard to beat which is what we need to do , I’d take that for his first few month and then progression.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Took a while to get that first win they were winless until they got reinforcements in but they were drawing and becoming hard to beat which is what we need to do , I’d take that for his first few month and then progression.

At the end of last season they were 3rd on the form table post Howe.

That's what a top manager can do.

Idea that they need years to get their ideas across is just non sense imo.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I get your point but even 1st half they were not that good. 2nd half most of the team should not bothered coming out 2nd half. It was a horror show

2 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

We can't rely on good 40 minutes when the players feel like it, it is not fair on NSWE and the fans who invest a lot into this team.

Yeah my bad. My dyslexia read that as “did anyone have a decent half performance.” 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â