Unai Emery

PeterSw

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Its gonna die down very quickly.  It will get stale and boring soon

It might just be me, but I haven't got the faintest interest in how the f he greets people, or how a bunch of idiots make it sound. In an ideal world no one would even mention it anymore but focus on the game and what he can do for the Villa, and for me Emery might as well waltz into all press meetings wearing a marilyn monroe whig, speaking in tongues and greet us by playing a random Beatles song on a trombone with his bare ass.

OK, in that case even I might be tempted to find the youtube clip.

• Haha 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Isnt emerys win ratio better than artetas?

It is. Emery did well at Arsenal, the problem they had was a poor finishing run and unrealistic post Wenger era expectations.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I guess Emery failed at arsenal in a similar way that Smith failed at Villa.

That is, he didn't fail. 

I mean, it depends I suppose. The Arsenal squad back then was a bit all over the place, wasn't it? I think it's hard to judge him too harshly in either direction based on his spell there.

For us, he will bring meticulousness and tactical awareness and skill at a level we have never had in a manager. 

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know this will be an unpopular opinion.

However, he possibly could do in the future.

IF he goes about learning the right way instead of jumping queue.

I'm sure he will have taken tough lessons from his spell here.

So literally anyone can be a great manager. Possibly.

• Haha 1

You can just imagine yourself managing in Spain. Working hard on learning the language then people making fun of the way you said "How are you".

On top of that a meme being created and you're being mocked weekly.

Don't you think you would find it cool or amusing.

Edited by Pinebro

58 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Can he get his messages and instructions across as effective in English as he can in his mother tongue.

That will be his biggest challenge.

Absolute non-issue. For one, he can speak the language fluently. For another, he’s likely to have a captain or VC in Emi Martinez who can translate where necessary (I don’t think he’ll need to). 

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

It's tough. I have no doubt if Emery was given more time in these droughts he wouldve pulled through. 7 games is a long stretch but across a season it's really not that much. As long as you see a plan in place. 

This is it though.

They played awful football at that point and conceded so many goals. Teams couldn't wait to play them. You can't say the sacking wasn't just. Harsh possibly but not completely unfair.

But as I said Arsenal and Aston Villa are different clubs with different expectations and he isn't succeeding Arsene Wenger. He is succeeding Steven bloody Gerrard 😂

Seem to be doing incredibly well at so called underdog clubs although he did do well at PSG. But then again that is a one team league.

Edited by Pinebro

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It is. Emery did well at Arsenal, the problem they had was a poor finishing run and unrealistic post Wenger era expectations.  

And had terrible defenders to choose from. Mustafi is only 30 and is now with Wesley at Levante in the Spanish second division, Sokratis is back in Greece, Koscielny and David Luiz were both over the hill while Calum Chambers is now on the bench at a struggling PL team. They were a bit of a mess to be fair.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

You can just imagine yourself managing in Spain. Working hard on learning the language then people making fun of the way you said "How are you".

Don't you would find it cool or amusing.

Are you mocking him as well now? 😄

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Don't you would find it cool or amusing.

You could just do a Joey Barton.... and throw the native accent into anything you're saying.

So I reckon if Emery tries to put Brummy spin on his words it will confuse the enemy.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You could just do a Joey Barton.... and throw the native accent into anything you're saying.

So I reckon if Emery tries to put Brummy spin on his words it will confuse the enemy.

He'll never reach the Hitzlsperger benchmark level of expertise. 

13 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

And had terrible defenders to choose from. Mustafi is only 30 and is now with Wesley at Levante in the Spanish second division, Sokratis is back in Greece, Koscielny and David Luiz were both over the hill while Calum Chambers is now on the bench at a struggling PL team. They were a bit of a mess to be fair.

He did sign a couple of them though. Not sure how much control he had over transfers but his business was very hit and miss. Only Martinelli, Saliba and Tierny left in the squad.  Pepe was a complete disaster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Go out and " eat " the opposition.

Based on the multiple things I've read, it seems his approach is also heavily psychological.

Our mentality seems to have let us down quite often so this is very good.

It's a good job we didn't sign Luis Suarez 🤣

• Haha 1

He comes across as an absolute gentleman, and I think we have been blessed to get him.

Also, he does look a bit like a slightly deceased Austrian pop star from the 80s.

See the source image

11 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Looking forward to seeing what he does with our team and who fits his system.

I remember he tried playing out from the back at Arsenal and got criticized for it because a lot of times it wasn't working.

We don't got a lot of ball playing centre halves so can see him adapting until he gets his own players in.

• Like 1

Â