Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

17 minutes ago, jim said:

What about Jim from France?

Which part of France mate? 

Simply because I’ve got my heart set on Emery now so if you’re wrong I’m going to go all Liam Neeson on you. Hunting has never been a forte though so a full address would speed things up 🤣

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

If it is Emery, I just hope our fans don’t take the piss out of his accent like the Arsenal fans (and sections of the media) did.

You obviously haven't heard any brummies speak then! Other then scoucers, I think we are the one of the last groups who should be taking the piss out of other accents. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

If it is Emery, I just hope our fans don’t take the piss out of his accent like the Arsenal fans (and sections of the media) did.

Let’s hope not, at least he’s intelligent enough to speak multiple languages fluently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

You do know that most of us have a Brummies accent don’t you? 🤣

10 minutes ago, thunderball said:

"Good attacking football" - thats what everyone wants, remember Keegans's Newcastle? Sadly it just doesnt happen any more as everything is so technical. I fear Sunday was a flash in the pan, it wont take long to work out and counter, we need much more technical substance and depth than just playing with freedom, over the long run.

I wanna turn up to Villa park and be excited. Emery always seemed to find a way to pi*s off Arsenals with his line up, substitutions or even his tactics. Same thing will happen at Villa if he's appointed. 

Edited by Lupinthe5th

Just now, Lupinthe5th said:

I wanna turn up to Villa park and be excited. Emery always seemed to find a way to pi*s off Arsenals with his line up, substitutions or even his tactics. Same thing will happen at Villa if he appointed. 

If those are the requirements we won't be able to appoint anyone at all.

Just now, abdomlahor said:

I don’t think it’s that deep. It’s just poking fun.

thats fine, but these are multi lingual people trying to speak a foreign language, tbh i have a lot of respect for that, most of the ppl taking the pis* probably cant even speak their mother tongue properly without sounding like a tool.

I do get that its a "joke", but i dunno, just feels a bit inebriate to me to make fun of a foreigner who is actually multilingual, and the person joking about them probably can say hello/goodbye in another language at a push.

I dunno, i do see your point, i get it, but i also think its a bit.....childish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

without sounding like a total dork, as i dont bet at all ever, how certain(ish) is 4/9 odds?

Amorim was 10/11 odds or something 2 days ago?

image.thumb.png.114034c8610db5cdb70e7c4866db8c85.png

You can't really attribute probability to odds in a market like this, there's such low liquidity it doesn't take much to turn the odds upside down. As an example tonight's West Ham game has around £200k matched on the Betfair exchange, compared to this market having about £3k matched in total. Markets like this can be heavily influenced by insider knowledge as well, in a way football results can't really.

What is interesting is that he dropped from almost double figures in some places yesterday to as low as 3s this morning without much in the way of news, everything since then - and his current price - has just been a reaction to that (and Twitter guff).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, abdomlahor said:

I don’t think it’s that deep. It’s just poking fun.

I did love him going out of his way to start his interview with "Good evening" after Villarreal knocked Arsenal out of Europe in 2021...that must've been sweet for him 😂

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Possibly is, but can the board afford to take another punt on a very young manager from another [2 or 3 horse] league with no PL experience? He could be brilliant or he could be the next Gerrard. The risk analysis could be too much.

True. I'm looking forward to the Sporting vs Spurs match on Wednesday. See how he sets up tactically against a much better group of players in London

7 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

You obviously haven't heard any brummies speak then! Other then scoucers, I think we are the one of the last groups who should be taking the piss out of other accents. 

I remember a guy behind me screaming at Weimann for being offside when he was looking down the "line".  I have never heard so many different vowel sounds in a four letter word!

We are apparently linked with Vincent Kompany now.

Journalists are such lazy trolling bastards.

Edited by AJ