Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Nice. So when we announce someone in the next ten days he can say “See. Signed someone. Told ya! ITK bruhhhh”. 

I sort of agree, but I personally think that he has now committed himself to a very short timeline. If we actually have signed someone, I would imagine that would be announced within a day or two at most. If nothing has been said before Wednesday I'd say that he's full of shit or have bad sources.

If the announce Amorim in that window same applies as he has been adamant we will not sign him.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, daft said:

Where is TT BTW? He still around? Was years ago I read something from him.

On Twitter.  He told us Edens was originally going to the Chelsea game but his flight schedule was changed last minute from Rome to UK to Rome to US.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

What does that sentence even mean. If they want to just focus on having a scrap near the relegation zone and maybe go down then get Dychey in. If they want to finish comfortably though, then get someone else… brilliant. 

To be fair someone posted the whole discussion on the Gerrard thread (I think) and Sherwood first said he thinks Pochettino would be interested in the project at Villa.  For some reason they've just focused on him saying that if we solely just wanted to try and avoid relegation then Dyche would be a good fit.  I weirdly was in agreement with him for possibly the first time ever, before today I was worried we were so short of confidence and ability that we will be in a relegation battle but we were so good that I have thrown that way of thinking out of my mind.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

To be fair someone posted the whole discussion on the Gerrard thread (I think) and Sherwood first said he thinks Pochettino would be interested in the project at Villa.  For some reason they've just focused on him saying that if we solely just wanted to try and avoid relegation then Dyche would be a good fit.  I weirdly was in agreement with him for possibly the first time ever, before today I was worried we were so short of confidence and ability that we will be in a relegation battle but we were so good that I have thrown that way of thinking out of my mind.

Thanks for the clarification. I find Sherwood to be pretty quality as a pundit. Good to hear he was being balanced again.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Let's say he's right (unlikely); Villa have signed a manager and an announcement is imminent. Wouldn't that imply it's someone who is currently not in a job?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He prob trying to get brownie points so he can come back as his assistant the weasel

Before Fulham the guy was literally saying we should keep Gerrard because we were only 6 points off Europe.

Tim is an absolute troll.

Edited by AshVilla

2 minutes ago, JayVTID said:

Let's say he's right (unlikely); Villa have signed a manager and an announcement is imminent. Wouldn't that imply it's someone who is currently not in a job?

Not necessarily. We could have agreed a deal with someone at another club, and sorting out final details before announcing. If the manager is in another job he could have a match to play (Emery, Gallardo).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayVTID said:

Yes, if it’s true it’s either Pochettino or Tuchel. That means it’s no chance it’s true. Could still be possible that someone signs tomorrow/Tuesday and get presented on Tuesday. Then he can claim to be right.

5 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Yes, if it’s true it’s either Pochettino or Tuchel. That means it’s no chance it’s true. Could still be possible that someone signs tomorrow/Tuesday and get presented on Tuesday. Then he can claim to be right.

There are more than 2 managers without jobs you know! 😂😂

8 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Dyche or AVB? Just to throw a couple of unemployed names out there.

Edited by JayVTID