Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

This is where I am with the new manager 

If we cant get our realistic first choice which is Amorim then we should just keep Aaron Danks in charge until the World Cup then assess after.
Hopefully we can Ruben Amorim tho. PSG are sniffing about. 

Edited by messi11

Just now, gwi1890 said:

I think he’d suit this squad better.

I agree and he favours a 4-2-3-1, however reading the reddit article on Amorim posted earlier I think with a couple of Jan additions e.g. another ball playing CB (Ignacio?) and potentially a more athletic LB we would have the squad for either manager

1 minute ago, MSvillain said:

I agree and he favours a 4-2-3-1, however reading the reddit article on Amorim posted earlier I think with a couple of Jan additions e.g. another ball playing CB (Ignacio?) and potentially a more athletic LB we would have the squad for either manager

He plays 442 mainly with Villarreal. All this talk of Amorim not playing wingers. Does he not mainly play a front 3. I’m pretty sure Trincao is a winger and he was playing last night.

Interesting that our team selection leaked 24 hours before the game, yet the step-by-step guide our new manager supposedly handed Danks, along with the new manager’s identity remained a secret. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, messi11 said:

This is where I am with the new manager 

If we cant get our realistic first choice which is Amorim then we should just keep Aaron Danks in charge until the World Cup then assess after.
Hopefully we can Ruben Amorim tho. PSG are sniffing about. 

Why is everyone fighting for him, what has he done?? .. genuine question btw 

Just now, Sam3773 said:

Interesting that our team selection leaked 24 hours before the game, yet the step-by-step guide our new manager supposedly handed Danks, along with the new manager’s identity remained a secret. 

Guessing one of the coaches or players leaked the selection info to the press, but the manager situation hasn't been announced internally yet and is still being handled by Sawiris, Purslow, & Lange directly.  

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He plays 442 mainly with Villarreal. All this talk of Amorim not playing wingers. Does he not mainly play a front 3. I’m pretty sure Trincao is a winger and he was playing last night.

True, but historically has also heavily used a 4-2-3-1 so may just be adapting to what he has at his disposal 

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Sexy new flavor of the month foreign manager.  People are fantasizing about his upside and ceiling as a manager over more known options.  

1 hour ago, DeadlyDirk said:

And on top of this, has never had a professional football career as a player, was straight into coaching from the age of 20, so think on!

Reminds me Arrigo Sacchi's famous quote...

"I never realised that to become a jockey, you had to be a horse first."

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

-Won the Portuguese Cup with Braga beating Benfica and Porto on the way
-Won the Portuguese League with Sporting their first title in 19 years
-Won 2 Portuguese cups with Sporting 
-Impressive results in the Champions Leagues for Sporting against the likes of Man City, Spurs and Dortmund
-Managed on a low budget with a club with financial issues
-Where the existing first-team squad did not have the players able to make his 3-4-3 system work, he promoted youngsters from Sporting’s respected academy
-Made instant impacts at Braga B, Braga and Sporting. Did not need time.

Edited by messi11

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I want a high detailed report as to why Amorim should be our new manager, because it is similar to gerrard where he has had basically one spell, id like a full detailed report sell it to me

Dude, there are plenty of YouTube videos if you want that sort of thing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I want a high detailed report as to why Amorim should be our new manager, because it is similar to gerrard where he has had basically one spell, id like a full detailed report sell it to me

Google and read up yourself and form your own opinion? 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

To be fair, from what I've read so far, it seems he's been highly rated for at least a couple of years.

Seems to have done extraordinarily well without breaking the bank.