Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, viivvaa66 said:

Most on here had said we needed to play 4-2-3-1 for a long time, so the setup was pretty obvious. Still Gerrard couldn’t do it in 11 months.

Of course. Doesn't negate the possibility that a new boss has already had a chat with Danks though does it?

As I said, unlikely, but not outside the realms of possibility at all.

At least we showcased today, that with the right formation, the fans behind them, these players are good. 

The media spin will be interesting, but is should make a few of our targets view this as a job worth taking. 

At least we are looking a lot more tempting than the dog heads. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Most on here had said we needed to play 4-2-3-1 for a long time, so the setup was pretty obvious. Still Gerrard couldn’t do it in 11 months.

Won’t see Carragher or Danny Murphy pointing that out though. It’ll be the players fault.

• Like 3

We had much more movement up front and more options. Partly, I think, because we got there with more urgency which meant we didn't always arrive with a pace that allowed Brentford to consolidate their defense, and that left us with both more players to play in as well as more space to use. We looked a different team in the final third, quite literally, since we had more people joining the attack.  

• Like 3

Just now, Villarcana said:

the boys look super close nit, loving the group hug goal celebrations, they all got round ollie . Touching moments.

I feel Gerrard was not liked at all and the sense of relief on the players evident. Maybe these boys needed a manager to not be an egocentric knob and actually feel valued. Ya know... people and stuff

.Captain shithouse, you have to love it

Yep. We don’t have a toxic dressing room, just a toxic manager. The togetherness of the lads is a joy and I’m so happy to see these sorts of celebrations. 

Guys, I am also really happy, but this was one game. I mean, long may it continue, but a swallow does not a Summer make as they say. Encouraging and and excellent reaction to the sacking, but still. Let's not get too carried away.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, daft said:

Guys, I am also really happy, but this was one game. I mean, long may it continue, but a swallow does not a Summer make as they say. Encouraging and and excellent reaction to the sacking, but still. Let's not get too carried away.

Would've made mine.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, daft said:

Boo boo, be gone with you

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The players have proved what they are capable of. This is not the sort of performance that we would get under Dyche.

I mentioned it in the match thread but we need a manager that can work closely with Danks to continue the excellent performance that today showed we can produce.