Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Purslow did not contact any candidate while Gerrard was still there, no way. If any contacts were made before the sacking it could only have been Sawiris, or Lange on Sawiris order.

Then we have major issues. And because of that I think being a little pessimistic about our chances of recruiting a decent coach are probably justified. All of the media seem to be suggesting the names we want are already out of the running (Poch, Tuchel, Amorim). 

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Purslow did not contact any candidate while Gerrard was still there, no way. If any contacts were made before the sacking it could only have been Sawiris, or Lange on Sawiris order.

Purslow will do what the owners tell him. My belief is they told him 6 weeks ago, you better start looking. Maybe he was a little loyal on this, which is why as has been reported, Swaris took the reins and fired Stevie, over the phone apparently. I'm sure Purslow had time to be nice, but maybe couldn't so it!

I think it was obvious Gerrard new. His whole demeanour changed a while back, and he looked dejected. 

Either because he just wanted away from this god awful squad or someone let him know. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Because Chelsea has a way bigger pull.

It's an unfortunate reality but it is what it is.

We still have a long way to go to build up and grow our reputation.

But it’s not just about that. It helps, sure. But they didn’t just decide to sack Tuchel on one day and then approach Potter and complete contracts and compo in 24 hours. They were getting themselves organised wayyyyyy before then. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Just now, daft said:

I think it was obvious Gerrard new. His whole demeanour changed a while back, and he looked dejected. 

Either because he just wanted away from this god awful squad or someone let him know. 

He knew he needed 2 wins to save himself, and knew he wasn't capable of that. Simple.

• Like 1

Just now, Sam3773 said:

Danks is shooting his shot for the £10m/yr deal. 

The only way he gets the job is if they take a long time getting someone else and then he wins all 4 matches before the World Cup.

Still, even if he's only in charge for a match or two, it raises his profile and maybe he gets hired at a League Two side or something. It's certainly good exposure for him and he'll get a chance to move up, even if not immediately in the PL.

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Nothing wrong with it at all except that he talks as if he was never here. Really weird disconnect.

He was just an assistant coach,

Beale wasn't responsible for the recruitment.

Gerrard wanted the change in strategy and Purslow allowed him. There lies the problem.

Look at what he is doing at QPR. Clearly a talented coach.

3 minutes ago, daft said:

Dentist? Hair? Doctor? Why on earth are you telling us?

I think it's urgent we appoint someone. Just guessing at when that will be and we can stop adding 400 pages of unfounded gossip to this thread every day!

I seem to have accidentally added to that unfounded gossip though 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's urgent we appoint someone. Just guessing at when that will be and we can stop adding 400 pages of unfounded gossip to this thread every day!

I seem to have accidentally added to that unfounded gossip though 🤣

I appreciate the effort because it’s driving me nuts. 😅

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

But it’s not just about that. It helps, sure. But they didn’t just decide to sack Tuchel on one day and then approach Potter and complete contracts and compo in 24 hours. They were being organised wayyyyyy before then. 

Danks has said himself that he's been asked to lead the team for just a few days. It's been 48 hours since Gerrard was sacked, and we have a game tomorrow.

Plus you took the comment about Purslow not sounding out any other managers at face value and accepted it as a fact - but it's just a guess from another poster.

Purslow is a big issue, if he hasn't lined a manager up after the start we have had then it pure and simple incompetence. As soon as we lost to Bournemouth the little black book should have been out but his fan boy worship of Slippy G got in the way.

Purslow has to go for us to get to the next level. NWSE need to show there worth. 

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Danks has said himself that he's been asked to lead the team for just a few days. It's been 48 hours since Gerrard was sacked, and we have a game tomorrow.

Plus you took the comment about Purslow not sounding out any other managers at face value and accepted it as a fact - but it's just a guess from another poster.

It’s going to be an out of the blue announcement, isn’t it? Someone not even linked in media.

Emery 🙏

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

But it’s not just about that. It helps, sure. But they didn’t just decide to sack Tuchel on one day and then approach Potter and complete contracts and compo in 24 hours. They were being organised wayyyyyy before then. 

That may be true.

And I believe the board has actively been searching for an replacement for weeks but obviousy proven difficult.

It came to a point with Gerrard that sacking him even without someone lined up was still a way better alternative than keeping him here while searching for a new manager.

I think Gerrard has set back our reputation so much. And the way Purslow runs things will put managers off.

I think talks of Pochettino and Emery is bordering delusional considering where we find ourselves.

If we can get a motivated Rodgers I still feel that is the best option.

• Confused 1