Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

6 minutes ago, Hiney said:

All those advocating going for an unknown, unproven manager purely because they are foreign have short memories. 

Remi Garde says hello. 

Doubt anyone would have done better with that mess of a squad (attitude and balance wise).

It would be **** funny to watch Dyche try to make Buendia and Coutinho play his football. And equally watching Dyche try to have a side play intricate flashy stuff.

I say funny. Funny for everyone who doesn't support Aston Villa. Villans would be topping themselves in droves in the stands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

People need to accept our owners ambition to sign a top manager doesn't mean a top manager will want to come here. So criticising because we end up with a Dyche is just ridiculous. 17th, 11th, 14th and currently 17th. That's our Prem record. 

Indeed, we might miss out on everyone we want and get Dyche. But we can't expect better than those results for the foreseeable future if that is the case. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Nassef Sawiris, your traditional keyboard warrior :D 

Exactly what I said.

Told him his rant should probably be directed at the owners and board, and if he thinks he was sacked purely due to " Keyboard warriors " he's deluded.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Exactly what I said.

Told him his rant should probably be directed at the owners and board, and if he thinks he was sacked purely due to " Keyboard warriors " he's deluded.

Seriously though, reading the Villa Facebook comments ain't good for anyone's mental state 🤣

• Like 1

Voted Poch as he has previous proven experience of turning a perenial mid table team (Spurs) into a Champions League worthy team. He also has experience of taking a club in our current position into the top half (Saints) and plays a good brand of football too. His South American upbringing would hopefully help with a lot of our players too. Then there is the fact he is used to managing big players (Coutinho, Martinez, Kamara etc)

Of course it is highly likely he won't come but he is my preferred option from the list.

Absolutely a valid concern that a foreign manager might not be able to handle the challenge in the PL. Just as a valid a concern that a guy like Dyche might not be able to handle the challenge of managing a much bigger club with bigger expectations and bigger name players. Totally different challenge to what he did at Burnley. 

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

People need to accept our owners ambition to sign a top manager doesn't mean a top manager will want to come here. So criticising because we end up with a Dyche is just ridiculous. 17th, 11th, 14th and currently 17th. That's our Prem record. 

People say this about players coming here yet we still recruit the likes of Kamara this summer, beat Arsenal to Buendia the season before. So not sure it’s the case.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It would be **** funny to watch Dyche try to make Buendia and Coutinho play his football. And equally watching Dyche try to have a side play intricate flashy stuff.

I say funny. Funny for everyone who doesn't support Aston Villa. Villans would be topping themselves in droves in the stands.

I find it funny how footballs fans don't understand the sport. 

A pragmatic manager does what is best with what he has. Dyche did that at Burnley and kept a team with a tiny budget in the league for a decade.

If he came to Villa and set up the team as if they were run on a tiny budget he would be sacked. He would know he has better players at his disposal, he would assess them and set up the team to best suit their abilities.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

So british managers are a guarantee for quality? Now I’ve heard everything.

Thats not my point, my point is many are clambering for obscure foreign managers with limited experience which I personally think is huge risk.

I'd love someone like Emery or Tuchel but realistically that's not happening. 

We could do a lot worse than a steady pair of hands that knows the league and could consolidate our Premier league status.

Going down this season would undo all the hard work and investment of NSWE and would set us back years. 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Absolutely a valid concern that a foreign manager might not be able to handle the challenge in the PL. Just as a valid a concern that a guy like Dyche might not be able to handle the challenge of managing a much bigger club with bigger expectations and bigger name players. Totally different challenge to what he did at Burnley. 

Risk of foreign manager is relegation, risk of Dyche is a boring 14th finish

Just now, CVByrne said:

Risk of foreign manager is relegation, risk of Dyche is a boring 14th finish

Followed by a boring 15th, a boring 17th, a stressful 19th, then relegation.