Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

I'll take talent and ability over experience any day. The Gerrard appointment was a case of neither and his only back up fecked off this summer to QPR

OK, but talent can be much harder to evaluate, and a long winning record speaks for itself.

16 minutes ago, allani said:

Can you name a league in Europe in which a team outside the top 2 or 3 can possibly win the league.  Germany - no.  France - no. Spain - no. Italy - no.  England - no (and don't reply with Leicester as that was a complete freak of a season that is highly unlikely to ever happen again). 

England has a big 6, which is more than the other leagues. That big 6 changes in membership (and number) from time-to-time, and while it's rare, Leicester isn't the first time a "small" club has won. 

Italy has only a big 3 which is permanent (occasionally a Roma or Napoli will sneak in), Spain a big 2 which is permanent (occasionally an Atletico will sneak in), Germany has a big 1 (occasionally a Dortmund or Gladbach will sneak in). Boring. I'd rather have the English league than any of those, any day.

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Lack of experience isn't a huge issue if you're talented. 

Gerrard was not. 

And yet, the owners and board and most fans didn't know that until they knew that. We don't have a margin for mistakes this time. We're on GD above a big hole. Why on earth would we ever take such a big gamble at this stage? 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

8 minutes ago, NeilS said:

As an outsider looking in, he seems to have done well for Leicester. An FA cup win is not to be sniffed at, many on here would give their right arm to win that one.

It looks like he is starting to get results now this season, so I think Leicester will start to climb the table now.

He inherited a good team & has slowly made it worse. His style of football is a slow  & possession based which is brutal to watch & he builds vendettas against certain players & refuses to play them. He does not promote youth & is an egotistical prick. But other than that, he's ok.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Lack of experience isn't a huge issue if you're talented. 

Gerrard was not. 

Talent alone, will not always see you through, every challenge, for player or manager.....many other qualities are also required, in the skill set.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I wonder why wolves don't seem interested in Amorim.

£30m release clause would be my guess. 

12 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

The top choices must be Pochettino or Emery, because they are top level manager with experience from premier league. Could have included Tuchel, but It seems like he want a break before his next job.

If Pochettino and Emery isn’t coming, we could pick one of Amorim, Svensson, Iraola or other in the category up and coming top level managers.

Experienced of getting the sack in the PL and PSG! Why do you keep mentioning Pochettino, he already said he don't wanna come here! 
Its not like Pochettino coming off doing a excellent job at PSG. He lost the famous "famers league" to Lille in 20/21 season.

Both Emery and Pochettino are multi multi multi multi millionaires just from the payouts of being sacked Arsenal,Spurs and PSG alone. 
I really doubt  they will have the hunger, energy and desire  to make Villa great again. 

Its just as big of a risk to take Emery/Pochettino as it would be for making Ruben Amorim the next manager. 

Edited by messi11

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

All seriously inexperienced. Maybe great choices, but that's a fact.

They will all at some point move onto a top club, but then it’s too late for us to get them. We can either get someone boring and safe, that still could go wrong, or we go for someone up and coming.

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Amorim is growing on me. I’m sure he’d utilise the academy from Sporting too. And some of their players are exciting to watch.

I’m totally fickle though. 

Poch,

Gallardo 

Emery

Amorim. 

11 points off Benfica already kinda growing you ? We have the most deluded fanbase. Mauricio Pochetttino. Say that out loud. Does Gallardo even have a passport - never knew he leaves Argentina. Emery is a good call. And might be attainable. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

£30m release clause would be my guess. 

They were able to get champions league players in the championship with Mendes circumnavigating negotiations. If Wolves wanted him, they’d of got him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Talent alone, will not always see you through, every challenge, for player or manager.....many other qualities are also required, in the skill set.

I agree. But talent along with those other things will get you further than talent in a different trade. 

Im a highly skilled Electrician but I wouldn’t know where to start if you asked me to plaster your walls. Gerrard was a great player but his management skills are obviously on the same level as my plastering skills.