Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

You’ve bamboozled me with how articulate that was, impressive .

Not comparing Portuguese league to Scotland like for like no - just providing context that both leagues are ones in which 2 and 3 in the case of Portugal can win it each year . That’s an irrefutable fact. 

Im aware of his run in Europe. Gerrard did something similar with Rangers i believe taking them to the last 8 of the europa ( correct me if im wrong )

He won the league with Sporting, their first in 20 years. And Rangers got to last 16 only of Europa.

Your logic makes no sense, Germany and France are one team leagues. You wouldn’t have managers from them?

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Hate it when we are actually looking for a new manager, why don’t some people ever want the exciting manager?! 

Dyche… Benitez… Frank…. Eurghhhhh 

Turning into Russians and have become apathetic after years of dismay. Comrade.

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

1) Pedro Goncalves 
2) Goncalo Inacio
3) Pedro Porro

Could also fit Marcus Edwards in the suitcase 

Hadn’t heard of this manager until about an hour ago, and have never heard of any of those players. I know it’s probably ignorance on my part but it seems a bit like an appointment Watford would make before sacking him 3 months later.

it would be pretty exciting if it turned out he was absolutely amazing but it’s pretty high risk….

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

You’ve bamboozled me with how articulate that was, impressive .

Not comparing Portuguese league to Scotland like for like no - just providing context that both leagues are ones in which 2 and 3 in the case of Portugal can win it each year . That’s an irrefutable fact. 

Im aware of his run in Europe. Gerrard did something similar with Rangers i believe taking them to the last 8 of the europa ( correct me if im wrong )

sporting were the rank outsiders in portugal. they hadn't won a title since 2002. literally only benfica and porto have won it since amorim upset the odds. and that was on the back of the club being in a deep financial crisis, losing key players for nothing and fans literally attacking players at the training ground.

it was a two team league, and he went and won it anyway.

25 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

But you’ll take a bloke from a 3 team league who up until this morning , you’d never heard of. Ahhhhh, our fans 😃

No offence but I see stuff like this get posted all the time when people speak of any football outside of the Premier League and it's a bit silly. It's never been easier to be clued up on football from around the world, from watching it to reading it. Not saying that everyone has watched Sporting in forensic detail but Amorim has quickly built a good reputation in the game and lots of people are aware of it from all over Europe, hence why he's even being linked to the job in the first place.

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

Hadn’t heard of this manager until about an hour ago, and have never heard of any of those players. I know it’s probably ignorance on my part but it seems a bit like an appointment Watford would make before sacking him 3 months later.

it would be pretty exciting if it turned out he was absolutely amazing but it’s pretty high risk….

Every Watford appointment is sacked 3 months later, to be fair. Talent doesn't come into it. 

22 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

These players have been hiding for far, far too long.

I could not have put it better.

I said after the game Sheepy, "clear the lot out"

Now, I know in the cold light of day, thats easy to say.....but to a large degree, I feel it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Gabby Agbonlahor odds have shorted, hes now 2/1 to be the next Villa Manager

Somehow that doesn't really inspire confidence in Amorim's abilities...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Dyche is part of the discussion I have no idea why Rodgers isn’t. He also has 5th place finishes under his belt and has actually won an FA Cup with Leicester. If he starts to fail after 3 successful seasons in charge I think I could just about cope with that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Can't believe anyone would seriously back Amorim -- he's even less experienced than Gerrard was when he came to Villa. Jesus, no. Why take that risk?

I know absolutely nothing about the bloke so I’m not cheerleading, but sometimes class is obvious. Guys like Pep, Jose looked destined for the top early on. UTD paid £30m (a huge sum at the time) for an 18yr old kid from Everton. 

like I say, I know nothing about this bloke but the experience doesn’t bother me. 

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He won the league with Sporting, their first in 20 years. And Rangers got to last 16 only of Europa.

Your logic makes no sense, Germany and France are one team leagues. You wouldn’t have managers from them?

McClaren won the league with Twente.

DeBoer won the league with Ajax. Both wholly incompetent in the PL

That’s not entirely accurate RE Germany and France. Sure, Bayern and PSG are the only ones who’ll win their respective leagues each year but that doesn’t mean the quality of the leagues are the same team for team. Third placed Leipzig or third placed Feyenoord. Marseille or Braga . 

Just now, jacketspuds said:

If Dyche is part of the discussion I have no idea why Rodgers isn’t. He also has 5th place finishes under his belt and has actually won an FA Cup with Leicester. If he starts to fail after 3 successful seasons in charge I think I could just about cope with that.

Rodgers is light years ahead of Dyche. But I feel Rodgers needs a break after Leicester. Imo.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Rodgers looks beat. He needs a break. Don’t think he’s be up for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Rodgers a great shout. Top coach 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Dont you watch the Champions League? The Best league in the world by far. I'm guessing no, because you've never heard of him