Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

1000% this. 

What we need is a coach. Coach first manager second. 

sadly, I wish it was that simple.....its a multi-functional job, hence it takes time, and time means experience.

Knowing the ins and outs of the game, is essential IMO, and I thought SG was versed in that, but apparently not.

but you are right......It has to be a tactically aware soul, who can manage game time.

Edited by TRO

So as fully expected, it appears as though Poch is not at all interested in joining a relegation battle. In all honesty I am not overly disappointed as I feel he would have been off as soon as Spurs (looking quite possible with the angst their fan base is showing currently) or one of the Euro super clubs & possibly even a big international job came knocking. The last thing we need is a manager jumping ship part way through a project! I don't think it would have been very long either with a load of international jobs likely appearing too after the World cup.

As for the other contenders? Personally I think we have zero chance of Thomas Frank leaving Brentford, who are far better than us currently. I cannot see Tuchel going from a Champs League club to a relegation battle either. I'd also put Emery in that bracket...... So who?

The guy from Sporting appears very happy at Sporting & that release clause, if true, is abscene for a guy who has never managed in a top League with all due respect to the Portugese division. That is an expensive gamble!

So I really have no clue. Beale I feel is just too involved in proceedings at QPR & would be too closely associated with the whole Gerrard saga. He'd likely turn it down out of respect for SG too regardless. 

It really is looking like a small to medium pond with some smaller sized fish swimming around in it along with a few medium sized fish & just a few ageing bigger fish who have a little fungus appearing around the edges which cannot see or swim as eagerly as they used to. The truly big fish would come nowhere near this pond however as there is simply not enough room for them to manouvre as they would like.

Just now, AVTuco said:

I think (someone like) Remi Garde would be awesome. A smart european manager who knows his tactics inside out. What more do we need?

Maybe if we can get Tim as an assistant as a bit of a safety net.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not convinced.  Paying £26m just to buy out seems far too risky for who he is.  Yes may turn out to be a world beater but we can’t and shouldn’t take such a gamble. £26m is equivalent to Poch’s 2.5 years salary!  I hear Poch will/is saying no to us but there has to be a top manager that will say yes for that kind of money that is less risky.

Well we nearly spent that on Sarr and didn't, so providing we dont give him an 8 year contract or anything, and put clauses in there that protect us, I don't see it as that much of a financial hit. At least that's how I'm rationalising things. 

It's strange to me that we'd spend that kind of money for a single player who might make a nominal impact on our success, but that Managers, who exert much more influence are not going for the same rates.  

• Like 1

Just now, danceoftheshamen said:

So as fully expected, it appears as though Poch is not at all interested in joining a relegation battle. In all honesty I am not overly disappointed as I feel he would have been off as soon as Spurs (looking quite possible with the angst their fan base is showing currently) or one of the Euro super clubs & possibly even a big international job came knocking. The last thing we need is a manager jumping ship part way through a project! I don't think it would have been very long either with a load of international jobs likely appearing too after the World cup.

As for the other contenders? Personally I think we have zero chance of Thomas Frank leaving Brentford, who are far better than us currently. I cannot see Tuchel going from a Champs League club to a relegation battle either. I'd also put Emery in that bracket...... So who?

The guy from Sporting appears very happy at Sporting & that release clause, if true, is abscene for a guy who has never managed in a top League with all due respect to the Portugese division. That is an expensive gamble!

So I really have no clue. Beale I feel is just too involved in proceedings at QPR & would be too closely associated with the whole Gerrard saga. He'd likely turn it down out of respect for SG too regardless. 

It really is looking like a small to medium pond with some smaller sized fish swimming around in it along with a few medium sized fish & just a few ageing bigger fish who have a little fungus appearing around the edges which cannot see or swim as eagerly as they used to. The truly big fish would come nowhere near this pond however as there is simply not enough room for them to manouvre as they would like.

Does he look happy? Does he look settled?

3 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Well if he did well, it would only be a battle until, what, mid November?