Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

So if he's already said that, why are we talking to his agent?

I swear, people making this stuff up should at least try and make the fantasies coherent.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not particularly, looking for a glamour appointment......I think a pragmatic one might be more beneficial to where we are and what, fires we have to put out.

I think where you are spot on.....Frank morphed Brentford, from a pretty on the eye, championship bridesmaid.....to a robust ,durable, consistent, performance outfit.....Brentford used to be a bit of an in and out,team,  great some days (usually against us) and easy to play against other days......Not any more......They are hard to play against, and a determined bunch of players, playing as a unit, and a clear idea of what they are doing.

Thomas Frank has them playing in a manner, that from game to game, you know what your going to get.....no more, pushovers.

Whether he could do that some where else, I don't know.

I see a change in the profile of his personnel, which has changed their style.....How much that is, his doing, or backroom staff, I am equally, unsure.

That's a really good analysis of Frank IMO. Lots to be said for that kind of ability. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TreeVillan said:

£26m buy out for an unknown 😄

To be fair, Sporting themselves paid 15m euros to Braga, which makes him 5th most expensive and an insane amount for a Portuguese team to pay never mind a PL team.  

Maybe there is something there worth investing in.

• Like 3

I think that NSWE will go with a tried and true PL manager.

Amorim sounds intriguing. I might have favored him a year ago when the board sacked Deano. But nobody knows if he will work in the PL, and it's a risk that I don't see the board taking. We took our risk with SG and it didn't work out. We don't have another one to burn right now. I also don't know if he'd come. He's a young manager of a CL team that could get out of the group stages, so he has a chance to establish a reputation there. Why give that up?

Dyche is clearly a good man manager. We're all used to seeing him at limited-resource Burnley and using the sorts of tactics that you need to use to keep a club like that up. I don't fear "Dycheball" because he would probably use different tactics with us. Whether he would be successful with more better resources is a risk.

Would Poch or Tuchel come? I think that their age is overlooked. If this were a "last chance" job, I could see their hesitancy, but at 50, it's not a bad risk for them. They're old enough to have established positive reputations (unlike Amorim), and young enough that, even if Villa doesn't work out for them, they would still have another chance. As others have said, nothing in the PL top 6 is opening up soon anyway, although I can see some attractive continental jobs opening up (e.g. Juventus).

Some names I haven't seen mentioned (though I haven't read the whole thread) who have actually won in the PL: Roberto Mancini might want out of the Italy hot seat after failing to qualify for the World Cup. Manuel Pellegrini would probably consider Villa a step up from Real Betis, although he wasn't as successful at West Ham (a club with similar resources) as he was at City.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Whats he waiting for none of the top 6care changing manager any time soon.

If he thinks he is too big for us stuff him

I just think he's a Champions League manager. Not necessarily for a PL club. But it makes sense. Guys like him wants CL football just as the best players do I suppose.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daft said:

I just think he's a Champions League manager. Not necessarily for a PL club. But it makes sense. Guys like him wants CL football just as the best players do I suppose.  

His stock is high at the moment, so I don't blame him really. 

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

To be fair, Sporting themselves paid 15m euros to Braga, which makes him 5th most expensive and an insane amount for a Portuguese team to pay never mind a PL team.  

Maybe there is something there worth investing in.

Not convinced.  Paying £26m just to buy out seems far too risky for who he is.  Yes may turn out to be a world beater but we can’t and shouldn’t take such a gamble. £26m is equivalent to Poch’s 2.5 years salary!  I hear Poch will/is saying no to us but there has to be a top manager that will say yes for that kind of money that is less risky.

Edited by nick76

12 minutes ago, daft said:

So if he's already said that, why are we talking to his agent?

I swear, people making this stuff up should at least try and make the fantasies coherent.

I get you, maybe that’s just something he’s (Amorim) is saying for now. I’m not sure if I’m comfortable paying 26 mill for him though, I’m a fan of Amorim but its a huge risk.

• Like 1

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

I reckon if Brendan Rogers is willing to come to Villa we shouldn't take him. Because of his disloyalty to Leicester. That's my logic anyway 😀

Not a fan of Rodgers, he's very unlikeable.  And besides, Leicester would snap our hands off for us to take him, they apparently can't afford to sack him

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I reckon if Brendan Rogers is willing to come to Villa we shouldn't take him. Because of his disloyalty to Leicester. That's my logic anyway 😀

Most managers will be disloyal won’t they? Only a few will be out of work