Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, allani said:

I am probably one of the few people on here who thinks we should have sacked Smith earlier.  I wanted us to make the change at the end of the previous season when our stock was high, Jack was still at the club and we genuinely looked like the club who might make a break for challenging the top 7 or 8.  But Smith was still a massive success as an appointment.  He took us from a team that played like relegation from the Championship was more likely than promotion - to promotion ahead of schedule and survival against the odds (given how many players we needed to bring in and how little money we were allowed to spend under FFP).  Ultimately he hit his ceiling but he took us a hell of a long way forwards.  That for me is a successful appointment.

Hello, are you living in 2021 ? 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Adman said:

If you rule out poch, emery, tuchel, and Frank, then Dyche isn't a bad option. Can anyone see us going down with Dyche in charge?

Actually yes. Our squad isn’t suited to Dycheball (and I don’t buy the idea that Dyche really wants to play differently).

Coutinho, Bailey and Buendia would struggle to win headers and fight for second balls. The players would want to leave. Relegation very possible, unless Dyche sign some big strong lads in January.

• Like 1

Poch was passed over for United and Chelsea jobs. He’s not getting City, Liverpool or Arsenal jobs. And Unless Conte leaves Spurs he’s not going back there. His stint at PSG might show he can’t handle big names, so Real, Barca and Bayern will pass.  

Newcastle aside, we’re the next club that can pay him a big salary. If he wants to come back to PL, it’s us or nobody. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Poch was passed over for United and Chelsea jobs. He’s not getting City, Liverpool or Arsenal jobs. And Unless Conte leaves Spurs he’s not going back there. His stint at PSG might show he can’t handle big names, so Real, Barca and Bayern will pass.  

Newcastle aside, we’re the next club that can pay him a big salary. If he wants to come back to PL, it’s us or nobody. 

The conspiracy theorist in me is that Poch is waiting for Conte to leave to Juventus and he takes over at the end of the season, or January maybe if/when Spurs/Juventus get knocked out of the UCL. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

There's gotta be a quality experienced manager out there that's looking at our squad and saying they should be top 10 minimum. 

If they were watching tonight they might run a mile. 

• Haha 1