Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, Delphouneso said:

People in here now saying we shouldn't have sold Trez and El Ghazi is just as mental as people defending Gerrard.

It was stupid to get rid of Bertie and not replace him but we might be able to recall him anyway if a new coach wants him in the squad. And in the unlikely scenario it does end up being Poch this squad probably suits him anyway. At Spurs he mostly played either a 3-4-2-1 (with two 10s) or a narrow 4-2-3-1 with non-traditional wide players like Eriksen and Alli. Difference is he still knows how to use all of the pitch.

We could always go back in for Sarr.

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's not getting a top 6 job, passed over for Man U and Chelsea jobs.

After messing it up at PSG, he is not getting a job at a top club. That he isn’t here, means one of two things:

1. We aren’t looking for a replacement. (Most likely)
  2. We are looking elsewhere, maybe some other ex-Liverpool hero’s of Purslow, like Torres.

14 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

After messing it up at PSG, he is not getting a job at a top club. That he isn’t here, means one of two things:

1. We aren’t looking for a replacement. (Most likely)
  2. We are looking elsewhere, maybe some other ex-Liverpool hero’s of Purslow, like Torres.

3. He's waiting until after the World Cup to see if something better comes up.

I think getting Pochettino all hinges on the Juventus job if/when the y sack Allegri. 

They are rumoured to want Conte back, if he left Spurs I think Poch would be for Spurs.  If Conte stays at Spurs, Poch will be one of the favs for the Juve job.  But he has stiff competition there, Zidane and Tuchel are better options for them, I think.

If he wants to return to the PL, we are his best option currently.

23 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think getting Pochettino all hinges on the Juventus job if/when the y sack Allegri. 

They are rumoured to want Conte back, if he left Spurs I think Poch would be for Spurs.  If Conte stays at Spurs, Poch will be one of the favs for the Juve job.  But he has stiff competition there, Zidane and Tuchel are better options for them, I think.

If he wants to return to the PL, we are his best option currently.

Allegedly Poch still lives in London so he’s probably prefer a job in London although he did go to PSG.

However Conte leaves jobs after a max of 2/3 seasons. He is a Juve legend so it is a strong possibility that he’d leave to go there end of this season if he can’t lead the Spuds to the league title. 

Edited by Sulberto21

2 hours ago, Delphouneso said:

People in here now saying we shouldn't have sold Trez and El Ghazi is just as mental as people defending Gerrard.

Exactly, the people on one side of the spectrum, are saying people on the other side are " blind ", " deluded " or have " lost it " etc , yet don't realise they, themselves are coming out with things equally as ridiculous, just from a different angle 🤣

21 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Allegedly Poch still lives in London so he’s probably prefer a job in London although he did go to PSG.

Are you sure, on the radio they said he’s currently enjoying life in France I think they said.  He may still have a house over here but apparently he’s living overseas.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I want a manager who is eager to join Villa. If Pochettino isn't eager to join, move on. The longer we dangle in the wind, the worse it looks.

Well we currently have a manager who only wants to do well with us so he can get the Liverpool job. I’d take Poch leaving us in two years for something better. We’ll be in a better place when he does.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are you sure, on the radio they said he’s currently enjoying life in France I think they said.  He may still have a house over here but apparently he’s living overseas.

Fair enough I must have read an older article then.