Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Whilst I'd take Deano back over this fraud in a heartbeat as a serious answer to the problem, it's a hard no from me.

Short term it would probably work and he would give us a few good moments, but in a year's time we will still be lower half of the table and we'll have to sack him again.

I don't want to approach him and I really hope for his benefit he says no too.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

If Dyche is the answer then I think I will give up.

If that happens I am out. Not that I will stop loving Villa, but if they appoint him, I break up. 

Just not worth it.

• Like 2

My potshot theory is that Southgate is leaving England after the World Cup, regardless of how England get on and we’ve already agreed a deal with him. We’ve agreed with the FA/Southgate to keep it quiet so it doesn’t prove to be a distraction during the World Cup. Not saying whether he would be a good appointment or not; just a bit of baseless speculation.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, mrhaneen said:

My potshot theory is that Southgate is leaving England after the World Cup, regardless of how England get on and we’ve already agreed a deal with him. We’ve agreed with the FA/Southgate to keep it quiet so it doesn’t prove to be a distraction during the World Cup. Not saying whether he would be a good appointment or not; just a bit of baseless speculation.

"Do us a favour, Chris, can I call you Chris? Excellent. Get Stevie to **** off Mings before I turn up, yeah?"

9 minutes ago, mrhaneen said:

A man hated by the Villa fanbase. Has glory written all over it

• Like 1

On 15/10/2022 at 21:12, tinker said:

Gerrard isn't good enough for us and imo time will tell us all this. I have seen this unfolding from the start, he was always Purslow's man and despite his winning mentality as a player he was always introverted and Carragher said this when Gerrard was appointed. 

UTV 

If we get rid.....We have to be as sure, as is possible, that we get someone, that can achieve a semblance of winning games.

to date SG has been no better than Dean Smith, possibly worse.....so the error is not one, its two.

Changing managers, is always a gamble, but we have to be more sure, that we get it right next time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

If we get rid.....We have to be as sure, as is possible, that we get someone, that can achieve a semblance of winning games.

to date SG has been no better than Dean Smith, possibly worse.....so the error is not one, its two.

Changing managers, is always a gamble, but we have to be more sure, that we get it right next time.

The main priority right now should be to get rid of Gerrard.

Even if we don't have anyone lined up, give it to Critchley until after the WC if need be.

9 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

You seem to be perhaps the deepest black hole of negativity on VT, what manager would put a smile on your face Zatman? Genuinely curious what could make you happy 

Anybody not from the British manager cartel and a manager that does weird thing like coaching 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

If Dyche is the answer then I think I will give up.

Yep he's not a bad manager per se but it would just be a managerial appointment that's marked the last decade. Someone with a limit and just not that exciting compared to what other teams are appointing.

The football would remain dull, we'd just grind out more results home and away.

We simply have to be more adventurous than Sean Dyche this time. His first act will probably be giving McGinn a new five year deal so that's one reason I wouldn't want him.

Edited by VillaChris

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Again, I’d rather just remove SG and let Critchley take on the caretaker role while we sort out a new manager.

He may do a lot better… and have a clue how to coach and set up the team somewhat effectively without the manager getting in his way or overruling decisions or opinions… for the meantime.

We need a new coaching team, they have been useless and I doubt we’ve ever made worse appointments than Danks and McPhee. Get them out!

"Give it til' Critchley til' the end of the season"

Give it Giggsy till the end of the season | Andy Tate | Know Your Meme

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LondonVillian said:

Dyche played that way because he deemed it the best way to win games with the resources he had. 

No doubt he would implement a different style with better player/money. 

People always say that about these managers. McLeish had far better attacking resources here than at SHA with Bent, Gabby etc. He still played the same boring way.

When Pulis got decent money at Stoke he just signed the same type of player and kept the creative types on the bench.

Bruce here was moaning about poor budgets. That got him likes of Tammy, Snodgrass etc and still we played a restrictive game.

Dyche would suit Everton more if they go on a losing run under Lampard, have a few of his old players in Tarkowski and McNeill so that's a better fit for him if he waits a bit longer.

If as manager you've had good success in premier league for last decade why attempt to completely change your style? Makes more sense to just stick to what you know.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

"Give it til' Critchley til' the end of the season"

Give it Giggsy till the end of the season | Andy Tate | Know Your Meme

"He's the biggest fewwwl in Birmingham, and that's you Steven Gerrard. You got the job on a technicaliteh of Purslow who recommended ya, you are nothing, you are a fewl, and you are a waste of time. Goodnight!" 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Another thing about Dyche...why didn't he sign more foreign players at Burnley? He claimed he didn't have a scouting operation in place or something but they signed very few from abroad down the years they were in the prem. Last season they started with Weghorst who couldn't fit in and Cornet who did o.k.

It's important these days with cosmopolitan squads and probably the main reason Wolves aren't seriously considering him.

I'm not convinced on the football thing. If he'd stayed at Burnley they'd be playing exactly the same style as they did in prem whereas Kompany has genuinely got them playing through the thirds and they look really good for instant return. He's also used his knowledge of Belgian football to get in some decent players, think Burnley will surprise a few next season if they come straight back up.

If we appoint Dyche I bet his first signing would be Chris Wood on loan from Newcastle in the January window so don't really want that scenario playing out.