Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

With this weeks games being cancelled can't see them on next week either with it being the funeral I think it's time we acted and bring in the new manager.

Perfect time if they are thinking of doing it do it now as will get 4 weeks with the players.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Right... Which one of you called into Neil's ( For the Love of Paul McGrath ) show pretending to be a Jamaican woman?

" I TINK Dat owa Skwad is Di best Skwad outside di tap 6 , at firs I was excited when Geraaard cyame in... but now I'm not sure if eee know how tuh set up da skwad carrectly... anyway.... Up Di Villa "

Tickled me to be fair. Never expected us to have Female Jamaican Villa fan of all things however I'm guessing this is the Bailey factor as she said she's been a fan for a year now.

I just read that out loud and now I think I've been cancelled.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Leicester will have a new manager by the time we play them now. I had a good feeling about the game this week because of their situation but Rodgers won't last until whenever the game is rescheduled for.

Has Rodgers been sacked?

I would have preferred the game to go ahead as Leicester seam so bad  and will now  have time to regroup and is not Smichael replacement injured?. Also it might give us some confidence . However I will now have to hope that they will get over the new manage bounce and sunk into oblivion with a bad choice of manager.

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I guess the thinking is that because of congestion the Leicester game will probably be played a long time from now, possibly after the World Cup, and Rodgers is unlikely to last that long?

Neither will Gerrard.

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Right... Which one of you called into Neil's ( For the Love of Paul McGrath ) show pretending to be a Jamaican woman?

" I TINK Dat owa Skwad is Di best Skwad outside di tap 6 , at firs I was excited when Geraaard cyame in... but now I'm not sure if eee know how tuh set up da skwad carrectly... anyway.... Up Di Villa "

Tickled me to be fair. Never expected us to have Female Jamaican Villa fan of all things however I'm guessing this is the Bailey factor as she said she's been a fan for a year now.

Behave! You had too many whiskeys and felt the need to call in. 

• Haha 3

There’s a very interesting list of out of work managers at the moment, including, Turchel and Poch to name two. It would almost be criminal to fiddle about waiting for another defeat to justify sacking Gerrard while the likes of Brighton and probably Leicester pick them up and we end up with one of the also rans like Sean Dyche. 

It’s time to be proactive and show some of this ruthless ambition that we hear so much about. If Purslow won’t wake up to the situation then NSWE need to step in and do it for him. Otherwise it’s difficult not to have some questions about the true depth of our ambitions. None of us know what’s happening behind the scenes, but at the moment it looks like the whole show is being dismantled by Christian Purslow and his pal. I’m not sure a really ambitious club would allow that to happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

There’s a very interesting list of out of work managers at the moment, including, Turchel and Poch to name two. It would almost be criminal to fiddle about waiting for another defeat to justify sacking Gerrard while the likes of Brighton and probably Leicester pick them up and we end up with one of the also rans like Sean Dyche. 

It’s time to be proactive and show some of this ruthless ambition that we hear so much about. If Purslow won’t wake up to the situation then NSWE need to step in and do it for him. Otherwise it’s difficult not to have some questions about the true depth of our ambitions. None of us know what’s happening behind the scenes, but at the moment it looks like the whole show is being dismantled by Christian Purslow and his pal. I’m not sure a really ambitious club would allow that to happen. 

Tuchel and Poch are not going to "picked up" by Brighton or Leicester, and neither by us I would imagine.

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Tuchel and Poch are not going to "picked up" by Brighton or Leicester, and neither by us I would imagine.

Brighton more likely to find the " Next Potter " , Leicester have no money to spend so can't see any " name " going there after Rodgers.

We are probably the most exciting from a project perspective IMO.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Brighton more likely to find the " Next Potter " , Leicester have no money to spend so can't see any " name " going there after Rodgers.

We are probably the most exciting from a project perspective IMO.

Yeah but we have Purslow. Someone who has proven he will hire with nepotism.

Quite excited to see where Brighton go. Linked with Cooper who I thought could be good here one day.

• Like 1

If we aren’t going to play again until October we should ditch Gerrard now and go and get a manager to get a tune out of this team and let them have some extra weeks at BMH with the team.  We are going to ditch Gerrard soon anyway, may as well do it now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If we aren’t going to play again until October we should ditch Gerrard now and go and get a manager to get a tune out of this team and let them have some extra weeks at BMH with the team.  We are going to ditch Gerrard soon anyway, may as well do it now.

Not going to happen sadly. Gerrard gets the Leeds and forrest games
Guess southamton will be called off too

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We should go for Tedesco before Leicester or Brighton do. He has been hamstrung with RB change of policy in the summer

Was as highly regarded as Nagelsmannn at the coaching school

Yep.

Good example of a forward thinking club like Leipzig taking action there. They see Rose available and someone they want, hasn't took much for them to move Tedesco on because they've got enough evidence they think Rose will be better.

We're floating along without a paddle.

Pretty sure Brighton will appoint him :rant:

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

There are other names too but the PL has unique spending power. If we genuinely want to compete at the top we need to appoint someone capable of managing a top club. 

I agree it’s unlikely either of those two go to Leicester or Brighton but unless we show ambition with our next managerial appointment we will at best continue to just make up the numbers for years. We need a moment when we genuinely make other clubs think “Woow! Villa really mean business.” Unless we don’t really mean business?