Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

43 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If Poch and Potter both reject us?  Rodgers or Dyche will be viable alternative, who would we prefer in that scenario?

Would Rodgers move? I guess probably, given how this season has gone there, but we might otherwise, be forced to look at who is then out of work. 

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How are they too ambitious?

Our resources and squad will have hungry managers interes

I think Potter may prefer to stay where he is and Poch would probably prefer a club that was in Europe, no doubt he is in a position to pick and choose. 

3 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I just think we’re too invested in this ‘project’ to do that. Shame, as I think he would be a fantastic appointment with a real point to prove after his stint in Paris. Would work wonders with some of the young players we have coming through.

The project went out the water the moment Purslow lamented to Gerrard's buy nearly 30 year olds on bloated salaries.

Edited by stewiek2

Is Ange Postecoglou a crazy enough shout? It'd be a nice balance, we could bring the city of Glasgow together in venom and fury. An olive branch of sorts!

Hear me out - as a manager, he's won many many more trophies than Gerrard, I think Postecoglou has ~20 and has won the league at every club he has managed.

Tell me he doesn't get more out of those players. You know you wanna see Kyogo smash one into the Holte from outside the box! Postecoglou also runs his teams with 6 & 8 dominating. Dream coach for Luiz and Kamara imo. Let alone the intricacies of the final third runs that are expected and made.

People talk about Potter like he's the second coming, perhaps it's down to finally seeing what a well drilled and disciplined team can do. It takes time and patience to have such composure on the ball. Postecoglou's a way more realistic shout than Potter or Poch imo.

Edited by ccfcman

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

442 with Bailey on left and Buendia on right. You know you can tell the wingers to cross it low instead of high?

You can

But Dyches Burnley didn't 

You can also pass it along the floor but again dyches Burnley didn't 

57 minutes ago, John said:

When we do actually have a vacancy, I feel the talk of Poch and Potter would be a tad ambitious. I think we need to accept that a more realistic gettable candidate would be someone like:

Burnley sack Sean Dyche in midst of Premier League relegation battle |  Burnley | The Guardian

spacer.png

• Haha 4

He wants a return to the PL, I’m sure I’ve heard him say this (maybe in the Sky, Carra interview) but it’s not difficult to believe is it? This is where the top managers want to be and I don’t see any top vacancies out there, even in other leagues at the top clubs.

If we sack SG anytime soon, is there a more attractive job, or will there be during the early days/weeks of September, for him to take on??? Surely we have more appeal than someone like Leicester? Which other managers are under immediate threat?

No time like the present… we can give him what he needs… Poch can thrive here! He can build something great! If he’s doing well with us, I don’t think he’s the type to jump ship at the first opportunity either… 

We have massive appeal… let’s not undersell ourselves…

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

Don’t get why the mass love in for The Brodge. His singing record at Leicester is patchy IMO… He does well for a while but think he believes own hype too much which holds him back… 

Here’s the players he’s signed 

James Justin £7mill. Ayoze Perez £30mill. Youri Tielemans £32mill. Dennis Praet £17mill. Timothy Castagne £18mill. Wesley Fofana £31mill. Patson Daka £27mill.  Boubakary Soumare £18mill. Ryan Bertrand free.  Jannik Vestergaard £15mill. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Don’t get why the mass love in for The Brodge. His singing record at Leicester is patchy IMO… He does well for a while but think he believes own hype too much which holds him back… 

Here’s the players he’s signed 

James Justin £7mill. Ayoze Perez £30mill. Youri Tielemans £32mill. Dennis Praet £17mill. Timothy Castagne £18mill. Wesley Fofana £31mill. Patson Daka £27mill.  Boubakary Soumare £18mill. Ryan Bertrand free.  Jannik Vestergaard £15mill. 

He sings all the right notes, just not necessarily in the right order. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ccfcman said:

Is Ange Postecoglou a crazy enough shout? It'd be a nice balance, we could bring the city of Glasgow together in venom and fury. An olive branch of sorts!

Hear me out - as a manager, he's won many many more trophies than Gerrard, I think Postecoglou has ~20 and has won the league at every club he has managed.

Tell me he doesn't get more out of those players. You know you wanna see Kyogo smash one into the Holte from outside the box! Postecoglou also runs his teams with 6 & 8 dominating. Dream coach for Luiz and Kamara imo. Let alone the intricacies of the final third runs that are expected and made.

People talk about Potter like he's the second coming, perhaps it's down to finally seeing what a well drilled and disciplined team can do. It takes time and patience to have such composure on the ball. Postecoglou's a way more realistic shout than Potter or Poch imo.

It’s not a bad shout. The easy thing to do would be say “ nah, burnt from one old firm dud, not again “ Bare minimum, i would like serious due diligence done on the next guy and not another Purslow vanity exercise. 

Postecoglu does seem to have some  impressive tactical acumen and can transfer it to a football pitch.  Would i want us to be the premier league team to take a “ punt “ on him ? I’m not so sure. 

Id be interested to see how they go on the champions league. He’s definitely on an upward trajectory. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him in the PL next season. 

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

If we sack SG anytime soon, is there a more attractive job, or will there be during the early days/weeks of September, for him to take on??? Surely we have more appeal than someone like Leicester? Which other managers are under immediate threat?

The point is Poch doesn't need to jump straight into another job. He might wait it out and see how things develop at Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd. 

For what it's worth, these rumours of villa meeting poch are from some random bloke on twitter and have no credibility. It's very unlikely he would come to us when he can just wait it out for an elite level job. 

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The point is Poch doesn't need to jump straight into another job. He might wait it out and see how things develop at Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd

For what it's worth, these rumours of villa meeting poch are from some random bloke on twitter and have no credibility. It's very unlikely he would come to us when he can just wait it out for an elite level job. 

Played that game before