Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

What happens to all the coaches if Gerrard gets sacked and new manager wants to bring his own people in. Do we just pay them all off too? Even Critchley who has only just landed?

Yeah I'd imagine so.

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

What happens to all the coaches if Gerrard gets sacked and new manager wants to bring his own people in. Do we just pay them all off too? Even Critchley who has only just landed?

Gmac & Critchley would go and get paid off, the rest would stay I assume. It will cost us millions but getting relegated will cost us more.

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Gmac & Critchley would go and get paid off, the rest would stay I assume. It will cost us millions but getting relegated will cost us more.

They have to go too. No stone unturned, they’re a part of all this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Pay them off hopefully. The worst would be to let the new manager bring his people but still keep the old ones, like Gerrard did. A complete fresh start is needed.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Thomas Frank over Potter for me . Think it’s immaterial though as think they will try and give Gerrard until XMAS 

Id be very happy with Frank too.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

Think now's the time for a low risk appointment which Rodgers/Potter/Poch would be. Don't fancy any of the up and coming continental managers at this stage. Would be too much like Remi Garde replacing Tim Sherwood and that was a complete fiasco.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Thomas Frank over Potter for me . Think it’s immaterial though as think they will try and give Gerrard until XMAS 

No chance he gets to Christmas on present form. He will be lucky to survive the first international break in September, as the fans are already turning on him. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Marco Rose would be interesting to look at.

Did well in the Red Bull system. Didn't quite work out for him at Dortmund but wasn't a terrible season either so could be ready for prem job.

Not sure if Paulo Fonseca is currently in a job but he'll be inevitably linked aswell.

Feels like Lange will have a greater say in this managerial appointment so he might push for someone like Thomas Frank if people think we can get Potter when he's currently in a job.

Isn’t Hjulmand a more likely Dane?

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I'd actually feel for Critchley a bit to be fair.

Bloke was peacefully and successfully building his Management career, only to end up in the graveyard. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

The more i think about it, i don't want Potter.

No doubting he has done amazing things with Brighton but he has needed 3 years or so to implement that style and success. 

We are in freefall and need whoever comes in to make an instant impact.

Rodgers it is then

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Eventually, but why bother binning Cutler, Danks & McPhee now? The new manager can decide whether to bin or keep em.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Wayne Rooney is a better coach/manager than Gerrard. The job he did at Derby under those circumstances was very good. Obviously they went down but he very nearly kept them up. 

This is the type of education Gerrard needs. These big names need to slum it out in the lower leagues with financial constraints and then develop the youngsters.

Villa is dream job outside the unrestricted top 6 and Newcastle with their money.

Hence Sampaoli/Pochettino/Gallardo would be perfect.

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Eventually, but why bother binning Cutler, Danks & McPhee now? The new manager can decide whether to bin or keep em.

To be fair we’ve been crap ever since Danks and mcphee have come in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

Think now's the time for a low risk appointment which Rodgers/Potter/Poch would be. Don't fancy any of the up and coming continental managers at this stage. Would be too much like Remi Garde replacing Tim Sherwood and that was a complete fiasco.

There’s a strong tradition of british managers at the club but I believe some foreign influence could be good at this point.

Bundesliga would seem an obvious place to look considering how successful many german managers have been the last decade. 

6 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Isn’t Hjulmand a more likely Dane?

Would we wait until pretty much January? Denmark could easily get to quarter finals so he wouldn't be available and would basically be pushed straight into league games without much training.

Perhaps he'll manage us one day but would prefer getting in manager in who can drill his methods into 3/4 of squad while world cup is on.