Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Whoever the next manager is, if NSWE are as serious about taking us to the 'next level' as they say they are, it will have to be someone with a proven track record.

Sell the plan/ambitions to Poch.

We cannot afford another roll of the dice and gamble.

• Like 1

I’d be very surprised if we got Poch. He’s in no rush to jump at the first job that comes his way.

He’s desperate for the United job, Ten Hag won’t last to the World Cup so Poch will wait for that.

Anyway, we have a long wait, Gerrard isn’t going anywhere until the international break.

11 hours ago, messi11 said:

Converted in a week

I’m dipping into the idea that he can be replaced if we repeat these mistakes after the next 4 games. Managers need time but it’s looking ominous. Your just a reactionary beatch 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If I see someone else compare Gerrard with Arteta last season I'm going to lose the plot.

Suppose its better than the comparison to the Liverpool tactics he is using😂

53 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm positive that purslow called gerrard when deano was manager to ask the question about whether he'd be interested. gerrard said he was, so deano was sacked. had gerrard said no, i'm sure deano would've stayed

the same approach needs to happen here...the question has to be asked of poch. if he's in any way interested, then the deal needs to be done

I agree, the hiring of Gerrard was too quick not for this to be the case.  Hopefully they are doing the same now with the next manager.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree, the hiring of Gerrard was too quick not for this to be the case.  Hopefully they are doing the same now with the next manager.

and for the record, i agree with the approach. far too many managers are sacked with no replacement plan in mind. it's 100% the best way to operate

i guess in our case we have an assistant manager who has been a head coach so could take over the reigns if gerrard goes

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

He is probably just guessing, as it seems the most sensible approach to take to give Gerrard until the international break. 

Not sensible at all.

We’ve spent big and gone backwards.

In roughly the same time Howe and Vieira have transformed clubs from worse positions.

Arteta has improved Arsenal by getting rid of high earners, we’re doing the exact damn opposite.

I really don’t understand what more time given to this clown will achieve.  He has no game plan, is rubbing up all our players in the wrong way.

Seriously, the bizarrest decision has to be to take the arm band off Mings and give it to McGinn. Achieved nothing positive, and rocked the boat for no positive reason at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

He is probably just guessing, as it seems the most sensible approach to take to give Gerrard until the international break. 

Or perhaps he has connections with one of our Brazilian players....

Edited by El Segundo
missed out a word

The fans that have been arguing against me/others and dismissing the stats we have been using for some time are now using those same stats for the reason to get rid of Gerrard.  Amazing what 24 hours can do.

If we can get Poch I'd move immediately....

Otherwise we might as well see how the next 3 games pan out given they are all 'free hits' really as noone expects us to win.. then we can pull the ripcord if we get less than 3 points and the options are Potter, Rodgers or I'd even take Dyche (at least he has a plan)

Reason I say this as Gerrard is dreadful on matchday....he does seem handy with attracting signings so might as well use his pull to assemble the best possible squad for the next manager. (Would Potter be able to attract such a high calibre of player immediately?)

On 19/04/2022 at 14:40, useless said:

Deep down in our heart of hearts we know it's not going to work out, it's not just a Gerrard thing as such, it wouldn't have ultimately worked out if we'd have kept Smith, nor would it have worked out if we had appointed Roberto Martinez, or any of the other managers we were linked to before appointing Gerrard, it ultimately won't work out until we appoint a proven best in class proven winner at the highest level manager a name that no one would expect us to  be capable of attracting,  similar to when we brought in O'Neill.

I actually think we will have a strong finish to this season, getting at least another ten points, but finishing in Europe next season is going to be whole new challenge.

Regretfully : ( it looking more and more like I was right all along, if it proves to be so, I want Pochettino as the replacement, or someone of that standing.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, the_sun_never_sets said:

If we can get Poch I'd move immediately....

Otherwise we might as well see how the next 3 games pan out given they are all 'free hits' really as noone expects us to win.. then we can pull the ripcord if we get less than 3 points and the options are Potter, Rodgers or I'd even take Dyche (at least he has a plan)

Reason I say this as Gerrard is dreadful on matchday....he does seem handy with attracting signings so might as well use his pull to assemble the best possible squad for the next manager. (Would Potter be able to attract such a high calibre of player immediately?)

Make him head of recruitment.

just keep him away from the training ground and the chalkboard 

Just now, useless said:

Regretfully : ( it looking more and more like I was right all along, if it proves to be so, I want Pochettino as the replacement, or someone of that standing.

Managers of that standing don’t move to clubs who finished 14th and looking like they’ll be in a relegation scrap.