Midweek Football -8/20 October

andykeenan

20 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Solid point for Forest there.

Smith better watch himself at Norwich, they weren’t exactly enthralled with him when they were winning. Definitely not going to charm them with score lines as it currently stands.

Problem with Dean is he's just a very streaky manager.

Happened at Walsall and then at Brentford he had a 10 match winless run in one of his seasons and the peaks and troughs with us in the two divisions is well known. Norwich went top and now they haven't won in I think 4-5 games so I don't think they'll finish top 2.

Perhaps he'll go up through play offs again.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Problem with Dean is he's just a very streaky manager.

Happened at Walsall and then at Brentford he had a 10 match winless run in one of his seasons and the peaks and troughs with us in the two divisions is well known. Norwich went top and now they haven't won in I think 4-5 games so I don't think they'll finish top 2.

Perhaps he'll go up through play offs again.

There three points off the top lol

We all know what the championship is like, it changes from month to month 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Giro said:

There three points off the top lol

We all know what the championship is like, it changes from month to month 

They are but they're currently on course to be on 72 points after 45 games, that's miles off what you need to be top 2 normally. Think we got around that points haul just to finish 5th in 18/19.

They're not going to run away with the league like previous Norwich sides.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

They are but they're currently on course to be on 72 points after 45 games, that's miles off what you need to be top 2 normally. Think we got around that points haul just to finish 5th in 18/19.

But that’s my exact point. The championship is a slog and unpredictable. You have no idea what they’ll be like in February for example 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

With that squad, they should be doing much, much better. The discontent will only grow. A lack of cohesiveness, big names not performing, no coherent system. It'll be interesting to see if they make the automatic places.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

With that squad, they should be doing much, much better. The discontent will only grow. A lack of cohesiveness, big names not performing, no coherent system. It'll be interesting to see if they make the automatic places.

Burnley are much better unit imo. Start of the season they couldn't score much and drew plenty of games 1-1 but it's really starting to click and playing excellent football under Kompany who's made some smart signings and keep a few of their solid performers from premier league seasons.

I can see Burnley winning the league comfortably which will probably surprise a few given it was apparently financial Armageddon them going down but they sold who they needed to and will be more interesting back in prem than under Dyche.

I watched Brighton v Forest last night, which put Villa's draw against Forest in perspective, as Brighton battered the Forest penalty box to no avail.

It was a similar case of good goalkeeping and lacklustre finishing, which was familiar enough, with the odd flash of skill from Prossard, who the papers say, Chelsea are interested in.

I couldn't stand Forest's Ryan Yates when he played against Villa but by the time he'd been kicked in the head and was still smiling, I reclassified him as a wholehearted likeable football nutcase.

Forest's relegation doesn't look quite so automatic at the moment.

13 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I watched Brighton v Forest last night, which put Villa's draw against Forest in perspective, as Brighton battered the Forest penalty box to no avail.

It was a similar case of good goalkeeping and lacklustre finishing, which was familiar enough, with the odd flash of skill from Prossard, who the papers say, Chelsea are interested in.

I couldn't stand Forest's Ryan Yates when he played against Villa but by the time he'd been kicked in the head and was still smiling, I reclassified him as a wholehearted likeable football nutcase.

Forest's relegation doesn't look quite so automatic at the moment.

I watched it too and thought Villa could finish above both with a proper manager!

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

I watched it too and thought Villa could finish above both with a proper manager!

I don't think Villa's history of firing and hiring is very encouraging but the alternative conclusion would be that Villa have wasted a lot of money on too many overpriced players.

I think I err towards the latter.

Â