January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And you've always had ridiculous expectations so I can see why you've found a new reason to moan. 

Ridiculous expectations?? What to buy a goal scorer who can possibly increase our chance of Europe this season?

I think the problem is your expectations are too low, Brentford and Brighton and Fulham are above us for ***** sake!!

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I haven't written him off at all, just don't think he is the answer to our problem.

What problem is that? Ings playing 180 odd minutes in league under Emery and looking completely out of place bar the Brighton game? Why can likes of Brighton get a tune out of non striker Trossard up front but you think Emery couldn't with players we've already got? 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

What problem is that? Ings playing 180 odd minutes in league under Emery and looking completely out of place bar the Brighton game? Why can likes of Brighton get a tune out of non striker Trossard up front but you think Emery couldn't with players we've already got? 

Cause Bailey,  Buendia and co are no where near Trossards quality.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Ridiculous expectations?? What to buy a goal scorer who can possibly increase our chance of Europe this season?

I think the problem is your expectations are too low, Brentford and Brighton and Fulham are above us for ***** sake!!

Chelsea and Liverpool(game in hand) are 1pt above us for ***** sake!!

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

well actually it seems you want a goal scorer with PL experience, based on your references to duran having never played in this league.

so who is this striker you feel we could've realistically obtained? bearing in mind whoever you pick will be one that man utd felt wasn't good enough so opted for weghorst instead?

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Sacked Deano innit.

I think what's happened is AJ is recovering quicker and Boro are happy to loan him and let him finish his rehab at Villa and link up with them when fit. 

Norwich probably wanted to free up a loan space. 

21 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

And this thread started so well ...
giphy.gif

Still  going strong - this post is a real highlight for me. As mesmerising as one of Bertie's tricks

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They have been awful, they are no marker this season and you know it.

and brighton & fulham have been bloody brilliant, so it can be argued they're not a marker either!

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

If we let Osorio slip through our fingers to bloody Spurs im gonna be outraged! … can we get at least guendouzi or osorio both would be welcomed but come on.

Spurs are incapable of going through a transfer window without signing a player that we supposedly want.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

well actually it seems you want a goal scorer with PL experience, based on your references to duran having never played in this league.

so who is this striker you feel we could've realistically obtained? bearing in mind whoever you pick will be one that man utd felt wasn't good enough so opted for weghorst instead?

Not really with PL experience. Just didn't expect some random 19 year old Columbian to be Ings replacement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Not really with PL experience. Just didn't expect some random 19 year old Columbian to be Ings replacement.

the same random 19 year old columbian heavily linked to liverpool. why not have a bit of positivity. he might smash it

i just don't understand all this doom and gloom. watkins gets injured vs leicester and duran turns out to be shit, fine, moan away.

Everyone attacking @foreveryoung but im not sure why, he rightly stated ings should have stayed until the summer correct… Duran not fit for the PL as it stands correct again, anyone with a footballing eye will see that will be the case for now at least.

Brighton,fulham and those teams people were using as an example to say we should be happy are the same teams above us (they shouldnt be) correct again and our expectations from some of us are different but many are not looking high enough for the club of this stature. Not sure what else was stated for the onslaught.

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 2