January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, Chicken Field said:

Agreed. We, at best, have a tiny chance of european qualification this season, even if we sign 3x more players. There is absolutely no reason for us to panic buy players this transfer window, worst case scenario we finish 13th or something. 

Just get a loan then. 

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

One. One injury. We just need the one. 

why is there this assumption that duran is going to be crap? watkins gets injured, we play our new £20m striker that was heavily linked to liverpool weeks earlier. i don't get this fear everyone seems to have

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I nearly suggested this earlier, not surprised at all and we should probably consider it, though people will meltdown if we sell another. But we won't get this opportunity again.

I'd sell Digne and try and get someone likeDjed Spence as backup RB (if he's not already in Rennez) using Youmg at LB backup instead

Edit: to be clear I'm not saying I believe this guy, just that I think we should consider it. This guy is most probably BS

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if we sold Digne, but if he was to leave I’d be a bit worried about the timing with not much time to bring in a replacement so late in the window, especially as Moreno is still very much unproven in the PL

Edited by david-avfc

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

I nearly suggested this earlier, not surprised at all and we should probably consider it, though people will meltdown if we sell another. But we won't get this opportunity again.

I'd sell Digne and try and get someone likeDjed Spence as backup RB (if he's not already in Rennez) using Youmg at LB backup instead

Edit: to be clear I'm not saying I believe this guy, just that I think we should consider it. This guy is most probably BS

Would be a giant step in the clear out. Delighted if it's true.

23 minutes ago, Powehi said:

Dendoncker had a stinker recently, but he has played pretty well for us otherwise.  Can't see why you're ignoring Duran.

Olsen I have to agree on, I'd rather have Sinasalo on the bench. 

Because nobody knows a blind thing about him, lad could be the next Benteke or the next Wesley, don't pretend like he was a signing completed with this season in mind. Emery himself has implied he's not ready yet. 

Dendoncker played such a stinker he'd need 10 MOTMs to regain my trust, I never want to see the **** near a Villa shirt again tbqh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Can we give them Coutinho as well.

That's nearly 300k p/w off the wage bill right there.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Because nobody knows a blind thing about him, lad could be the next Benteke or the next Wesley, don't pretend like he was a signing completed with this season in mind. Emery himself has implied he's not ready yet. 

Dendoncker played such a stinker he'd need 10 MOTMs to regain my trust, I never want to see the **** near a Villa shirt again tbqh.

So what's going to happen?

We have injuries and finish 14th. So what?

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The panic is ridiculous. All of a sudden we're gonna have mass injuries and everyone is going to start playing badly. 

I really hope these same people don't start moaning when we didn't qualify for Europe in Emery's first season. 

Long term plan. Let's have a little faith in it. 

We still have a strong squad with options. 

Dhuran may also contribute more than some believe right now. 

Injuries, form, bookings and options when things aren’t going well….remember Ings coming on against Wolves and scoring or example.

Nobody serious will moan about not getting in Europe but missing the opportunity this window seems a lost opportunity to improve.  Instead we are weaker squad wise now than when the window opened.  

We don’t have a strong squad with options, that’s the problem.

Emery has said Duran is for the future and that he wanted somebody else to compete with Watkins, so I keep being told to trust Emery (which I do) maybe some fans should trust him too when he says he wants a winger and somebody to replace Ings.  Can’t have it both ways, the manager told us.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thug said:

Relax people, relax.

We are fine.

Trust the process. Let’s not wish for more shitty contracts being dished out to shitty players.

Let’s just wait and see what happens.  NSWE went out and got us an Elite manager.  Elite players will follow.

If not now, then in the summer.

Anyway, all the cashiers are probably just busy taking Chelsea’s orders.

I'm very relaxed tbf. 

Others may be panicking because it's deadline day but I knew we'd be here when we shifted Ings without a backup, I said as much at the time and have been pretty consistent in questioning our strategy this window.

Club has got this wrong I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Emery on Duran:

"...I want to help him firstly with his adaptation; hopefully that will happen quickly. I know that he's coming as a 19-year-old and he will need time to know his team-mates, our ideas, and playing against important players in every session here and against opposition teams. We are going to help him. The responsibility now, as a number nine and a striker, is for (Ollie) Watkins. We want to add him (Duran) to help us."

So Watkins main man, ease Duran in. That is plan A. If Watkins gets injured, then Duran 'helps' by playing as plan B. 

All this fuss over nothing, really don't get it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Injuries, form, bookings and options when things aren’t going well….remember Ings coming on against Wolves and scoring or example.

Nobody serious will moan about not getting in Europe but missing the opportunity this window seems a lost opportunity to improve.  Instead we are weaker squad wise now than when the window opened.  

Emery has said Duran is for the future and that he wanted somebody else to compete with Watkins, so I keep being told to trust Emery (which I do) maybe some fans should trust him too when he says he wants a winger and somebody to replace Ings.  Can’t have it both ways, the manager told us.

This.

Just now, DCJonah said:

So what's going to happen?

We have injuries and finish 14th. So what?

Less chance of getting the players we want.  Yes we have proved in the past we can get the likes of Kamara but will also stop us getting other players being 14th rather than say 8th.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I disagree. 

We don't have proven back up for Watkins. That's it. 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The panic is ridiculous. All of a sudden we're gonna have mass injuries and everyone is going to start playing badly. 

I really hope these same people don't start moaning when we didn't qualify for Europe in Emery's first season. 

Long term plan. Let's have a little faith in it. 

We still have a strong squad with options. 

Dhuran may also contribute more than some believe right now. 

This. We’re 11th for a start and not 5th. We’re very likely to happily settle into a solid mid table spot and spend the rest of the season planning for the summer and getting the existing squad up to speed with Emery’s approach.

People don’t understand delayed spending and gratification. We care about what Villa do over the next 10 years, not for the rest of this season. It’s so short sided and gives the club and Emery zero credit.

You sell when others are paying premium prices, and you buy when you can get a deal. It’s basic finance.