January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Good, his potential a couple of years ago would have made it exciting but he's been pretty poor in a slower league, he could still be a very good player but at the quoted price and inevitable high-wages of signing a Juve player, I'd rather we went elsewhere.

Not a bad signing for Leeds but one I'm happy we haven't made

Agree with this.

From the games I've seen him in I've never seen anything to justify the initial hype around him.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Hardly.  We aren't going to get relegated and have a small chance of getting into Europe.  We will probably finish just inside the top half, which given how we started under Gerrard will be a miracle.

I'd much rather sign nobody now and wait until the summer, than panic buy and sign the wrong players.

It's very unlikely we'll get into Europe. Liverpool and Chelsea will improve and they're already ahead of us. While the top 5 aren't going to be dropping down to 8th and even then Newcastle might win the EFL cup. 

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id be stunned if no one came in. I think it will be a couple no more.

The big business will happen in summer where i expect some very high profile signings

I think we'll see some big departures too in Summer. Coutinho gets a season long loan, one of Buendia/Bailey leaving, Cash, Chambers, Hause, Davis, Traore, Sanson, Wesley (on free). Possibly Digne 

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Well working on something for 6 months and only having rumours 2 weeks before signing Duran is practically nothing. Speculation that drags on usually means we won't sign the player, but the Guendouzi ones have only been around for a few weeks, so wouldn't put it into that bracket yet. 

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Who’s to say we haven’t been working on Guendouzi since Emery came in! If we are interested I doubt conversations started the day the first rumour came out.

Fortunately because it is the January transfer window the rumours will stop one way or another by next week and it will eventually come out how close Villa were (if he doesn't sign). If this was the summer window it would feel like another Rashica. 

• Like 1

Just now, DeadlyDirk said:

Villareport and Gregg Evans in one tweet! Are we really buying this as gospel??

I saw this in the article dismorning. I'm hoping the club have learnt from the Coutinho deal. Big avoid for me. 

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Oh yes Gregg, let's bring in a striker who will 34 in June, and who appears to have a terrible attitude and is on massive wages. Great idea. What bollocks.

• Haha 1

Gregg Evans has proven himself to know nothing about our transfer dealings in every previous transfer window, I've no reason to believe that has changed.