January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

So Chelsea have added another attacking winger in Madueke, it’s getting ridiculous how many attacking players they have.  Wonder if and who they are going to sell or maybe loan out that maybe we could be interested in? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Most clubs have to be financially sensible these days, except for the likes of Chelsea who can for some reason throw money around like it's meaningless. 🤣 

Yes, they annoy me too. They sign whoever they want and put them on very long contracts, so that the wages they pay them are spread out over several seasons, rather than say 3 or 4 for FFP purposes. Money is "meaningless" for the greedy clubs who wanted to break away from the PL and now work their way around the same FFP rules that hamper the prospects of other clubs competing with them on a level playing field. That said, I wonder whether we could help them out by borrowing a couple of their fringe players (with perhaps the option to buy), later in the window....

8 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Can’t keep up with this thread. What’s nice?

He’s being open and honest to questions being asked. Has clarified our status, basically that we are looking to make more signings, want to sell some players and Duran is not a direct replacement for Ings.

Check this thread or his interview (on OS) out for more detail:

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Paying a fee now, would also increase our prospects of getting him, as some clubs may be waiting in the wings to get him for nothing, that we would otherwise be competing with for his signature in the summer. He might be prepared to sit it out until then though, so he gets a bigger slice of the money as a signing on fee, rather than his current club getting a fee for him .

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

I've just projectile vomited over my cat from a good five yards away ..... thanks for that !!!

I did think Bamford would be Marmite on here - and when I say Marmite I mean scooping the Marmite out of the jar and replacing it with raw sewage.  He's one of the very few players I have a viscerally negative reaction to (back in the day it used to be Tim Sherwood). But he's one of the few PL strikers  we could potentially get that would probably improve us. I can't  see us making a big money move for any PL striker  tbh.

• Haha 1