January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think anybody has a problem with concerns. They are legit. It’s the club is a joke, we’re a laughing stock, we could relegated etc type posts that get targeted.  

A bit of perspective please!

Indeed. 

4 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Guys, if we sell Ings and bring in Danjuma - will you be happy? 

I don’t care about the selling Ings part. I totally get why we had to act now even if we don’t land a replacement. Ollie can continue to lead the line with the new lad getting minutes here and there. Worst case maybe Archer can be recalled ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t penny pinch Villa. Use the Ings money and sign Dembele now. Let’s finish the season in style. 

The 2 in 14 matches dembele yeah absolutely lets not waste any time here 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Guys, if we sell Ings and bring in Danjuma - will you be happy? 

Forget about Ings for a second, I’m not sure we should be interested in Danjuma full stop 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t care about the selling Ings part. I totally get why we had to act now even if we don’t land a replacement. Ollie can continue to lead the line with the new lad getting minutes here and there. Worst case maybe Archer can be recalled ?

Don’t think we can recall Archer

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Ings concern is a red herring - we are not scoring enough goals as a team, we need to correct that, keeping Ings doesnt solve the problem, and it is not Ings that is the issue, but its clear that Emery has identified this and will solve it not with one person but with several and moreover how we play. On thsi basis Ings to WHU is good business for us given he is not quite delivering what we hoped in two seasons, and a dimishing asset.

Its also worth remembering that most team top goal scorers are not their strikers/centre forwards these days, just look at the top 20 goals scorers in our division. We need more goals from across the board. I dont expect any of our forwards to score more than 15 goals a season max, but I do expect 3 or 4 players getting or close to getting double figures. We do need a forward who can contribute in areas other than just goals scored, I dont think Ings was doing that.

All very sensible...

But... imagine the meltdown if Purslow now comes out with a statement that we will use the funds from the Ings transfer to  bring in 3 players that together will replace his output 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Or, maybe Emery will play Bailey through the middle? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What a shambles. Sell your top scorer and replace him with a 19 year old with 12 months MLS experience. 

Yeah we should have kept ings but duran wasnt bought to replace him, ings will be replaced in the summer, until then we have no replacement as of yet

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well the last striker we signed in a January window from Lyon had 2 in 13 that season….

And for perspective, Ollie has 3 in 19. 

• Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Nah, not me. I don't rate him tbh and I think we can do much better.

I wasn't impressed by him when he was at Bournemouth but, he seems to get on well with Emery so they might want to reunite - a second chance for both to prove themselves at the highest level in England? 

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

I wasn't impressed by him when he was at Bournemouth but, he seems to get on well with Emery so they might want to reunite - a second chance for both to prove themselves at the highest level in England? 

I don't think Emery has anything to prove, at least not to Villa fans. His record speaks for itself. As for Danjuma, I just don't rate him at all. I'd rather see us go and get a statement striker, no more half or ridiculous short term measures. Similar to getting a proper manager instead of the charlatans we've hired at times. Or the many 10-25m players that have just turned out pants and not worth the money. 

55 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sell your aging backup striker for a younger backup striker and look for proven quality in the summer, which is a much better market to be shopping in.

What a shambles. 

Interesting wording in the tweet about proven PL striker. Who could we realistically from a rival that would be (relatively) decent value for money? Tobey, Mitrovic? Or would it be someone  that has done it in the past but had struggled with injury or poor form? E.g. Martial, Bamford (yuk).