January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Cool, cool, so with Ings gone, Watkins injured and Archer on loan we have 1 fit striker available, who is 19 and yet to play a game for the club. While I get Ings hasn't set the world on fire while he was here, unless a big name striker is already on tje way, this has the potential to massively backfire.

Also didn't the club learn anything for last season about strengthening teams below you in the table

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

West Ham are the desperate team needing a striker, we would be fold to their demands?  It's not like we need the money.

Phrasing it that way probably confirms just how much we wanted their money, over keeping Ings. Perhaps their initial offer was something derisory like £7m and we managed to get them to £15m through their desperation?

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

You must have quoted that within a second of me posting it. Autocorrect is not my friend.

I find if you want to be a total bell, you have to be quick! And that’s me: a quick bell…

Nothing personal, I’m just a v childish man: I totally agree with what you were saying. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Icarium said:

Cool, cool, so with Ings gone, Watkins injured and Archer on loan we have 1 fit striker available, who is 19 and yet to play a game for the club. While I get Ings hasn't set the world on fire while he was here, unless a big name striker is already on tje way, this has the potential to massively backfire.

Also didn't the club learn anything for last season about strengthening teams below you in the table

So I assume you know for an absolute fact that we won't be bringing in any more suitable replacements this transfer window then?

5 minutes ago, Icarium said:

We don't even have him available; he's not been granted a work permit yet or passed his medical.

2 minutes ago, jones1328 said:

So I assume you know for an absolute fact that we won't be bringing in any more suitable replacements this transfer window then?

No I don't. which is why I added the part that says if we don't get a new striker this could back fire. Maybe read the comment properly before posting

26 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Said it before, but I would really love for us to have a technical striker, a “cultured finisher” with a variety of goals in his arsenal.

Someone who has more approaches than blasting it hard and low. Can take on the keeper, excellent in one on ones, chips, lobs, volleys, headers, curlers, pile drivers… the lot basically 🤣

Who was the last player we had like this? This seem to be a dying art form imo, it’s supposed to be the beautiful game! 😆

Danny Ings 

• Like 1

Funny how the same people who say we shouldn't sign a player just because they've had a good World Cup also say we shouldn't sign Jonathan David because he didn't look good at the World Cup 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by messi11
  • Haha 1