January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, Galway Lion said:

Funny that because him coming on Friday night won us back control of the game. He kept possession and made himself available for the ball which released the pressure we were under 

I don't find anything funny about Coutinho complete waste of money, he is physically shot.

• Haha 1

Just read a tentative link to Parejo from the highly reputable Football Insider, and it reminded me that I once saw him dominate us in a home League Cup defeat to QPR (under MON) and recalled him having absolutely stupendous hair. He's got it cut short now, such a shame.

So recent media reports have now linked us with Nico Williams, Kang-In, MoleiroKonstantelias, Henrique, & Osorio for WF … A common theme being age and ability to develop into an elite level player. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

So recent media reports have now linked us with Nico Williams, Kang-In, Moleiro, Konstantelias, & Osorio for WF … A common theme being age and ability to develop into an elite level player. 

Seems like we're trying to build a team full of wonderkids 

2 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Approaching 30 or in diapers. Nothing in between.

Makes sense.

Either we need them now, and it’s cheaper to buy those in the twilight of their career but proven quality, or we get those with potential to be great in a year or 3 when the 29yr olds will be retiring.

The good 22-27 year olds are very very expensive because you’re paying for proven ability for next 5-10 years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

Makes sense.

Either we need them now, and it’s cheaper to buy those in the twilight of their career but proven quality, or we get those with potential to be great in a year or 3 when the 29yr olds will be retiring.

The good 22-27 year olds are very very expensive because you’re paying for proven ability for next 5-10 years.

CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER

oldman.thumb.jpeg.9057949eeb51852395e63d34fe480a0a.jpeg

istockphoto-1182627501-170667a.jpeg.50a3ed5c6aab89ee9758c3cbfaeb0e51.jpeg

• Haha 1

You know who I would make a phone call about before signing Goundouzi?

Locatelli

As far as I know Sassuolo still own him and with what is going on at Juventus maybe they won't be buying him?

Probably get laughed at on that phone call but I think that would be a good idea.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, paul514 said:

You know who I would make a phone call about before signing Goundouzi?

Locatelli

As far as I know Sassuolo still own him and with what is going on at Juventus maybe they won't be buying him?

Probably get laughed at on that phone call but I think that would be a good idea.

spacer.png

Na, he would never come here 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

Agree with the comment tbh, isn’t locatelli is more defensive than attacking?

DM and CM.

Lets be honest Goundouzi isn't exactly an attacking midfielder, he was traditionally a DM

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think he’s a lot more suited to the role we need to fill thought 

Maybe, but I wouldn't pretend to know tbh, that is why I haven't put a stupid list on here like I usually do lol

I think most of us assume it is a 4222 but how do the full backs work in that system?
How does the second striker work in that system?
What is the full role of second set of 2's? 
In attacking, defensive and transition phases.....

I don't think any of us know this yet and then you have to add in that the one thing we do know is Emery likes to use specific players for specific types of games, it isn't just I think this is my best 11 so just put them out if fit like most managers do.