January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

6 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Deulofou has a poor injury record, plus we have seen that Italy isn't at the standard of the prem. Lukaku looks like a world beater there, so does Tammy, and while both are good players, neither are world beaters.

Yes, it would be awful to buy somebody from Serie A like Liverpool did with Salah, or Tottenham have done with Perisic and Kulusevski lately. Because, after all, one player has failed.

By the way, Lukaku is struggling with Inter too. It might be Lukaku.

• Like 2

Just now, Steero113 said:

You've just described Jacob Ramsey. 

First image is Jacob, second is Guendouzi. They're somewhat similar, but I think Jacob is a better goal-scorer while Guendouzi is more of a creator for others. They could easily play together with Kamara behind them. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 9.26.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 9.27.22 AM.png

• Like 2

Emery stating in his press conference that we want a winger and that it has to be a different profile to the type of winger that we already have, not one that comes inside and plays like a No.10 such as Coutinho or Buendia. That suggests to me that it's more likely to be someone like Sarr, Chukwueze, or someone of that type that we bring in rather than Deulofou who is more similar to the players we already have, maybe Deulofou is more someone they would look at if Coutinho was to leave.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Wolves signing a player for 50 Million. Leeds signing one for 35Mil. Villa need to step up to be able to compete. 
Come on do something.

Havw you wver hward of the leeds one? I havent.

Id rather wait until summwe when we can get bettee deals than blow it panic buys or overpay for certain players. 

We have enough to get us to the Summer if need be

21 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Oldest squad in the Premier league,  you'll never sing that

Other websites contradicts this (21 December 2022) saying we are joint 14 youngest so 5 teams that are older.

=14. Aston Villa – 27.3

https://rb.gy/yzy9ir

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Havw you wver hward of the leeds one? I havent.

Id rather wait until summwe when we can get bettee deals than blow it panic buys or overpay for certain players. 

We have enough to get us to the Summer if need be

Yep I do not want signings for the sake of it.

In my opinion we should be very selective with signings I would rather go without unless it is 95%+ right for us.

I also want us to offer much less wages than we have, it restricts clubs too much

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Wolves signing a player for 50 Million. Leeds signing one for 35Mil. Villa need to step up to be able to compete. 
Come on do something.

The Leeds signing looks like a desperation one to me, if we were signing a forward with his goal record there would be absolute meltdown levels of anger on here. 

Just because they are big numbers, it doesn't mean they are doing the right thing. 

Also, who the hell are Wolves nailed on to sign for £50m? Or is this speculation that you're now passing off as a done deal?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yep I do not want signings for the sake of it.

In my opinion we should be very selective with signings I would rather go without unless it is 95%+ right for us.

I also want us to offer much less wages than we have, it restricts clubs too much

100% agree mate. We have had enough money wasted over the years. If there was a risk of relegation that yes have the urgency to get players. But im ok waiting until the summer. Our seasons over now we out the fa cup.  If we finish top ten brilliant for next season. Laying the foundations for  next season 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

I just think if you have circa 30m you can make a safer bet than him. I see all transfers as bets and your job is to lower your odds of failure OR to make a bet that has a big payoff for a low cost. 

Absolutely but i am on the other hand seeing top reviews on Guendouzi attitude aside which is swaying my opinion. My other concern is that he’s not a stable and composed player we need a more controlled player in that area I believe but it can still work for us.

I seen that Danilo kid from brazil set to sign for forest and i’m not sure a player of that quality should be going to a club like forest currently.

With that said i dont mind missing out on players only if we can match that, as you say lower the risk, buendia and bailey both in that £30M circa bracket at the time, tbh i was happy to sign both players but definitely not for the price we got them for. Now this is where we need to really assess our options and not overspend where we are wasting finance continually… now im more than happy to sell the aforementioned players  both at a loss.