January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

We should not be using what id presume will be limited funds in a window which will probably be two signings max on a Left-back that is 29 years of age its not ideal, we desperately need a forward but signing a hot forward in January is always hard tbh those type of signings are what you would call ‘marquee summer signings’.

Moussa Diaby ! we should climb every hill and mountain to sign him and bring that wizard to VP pay the £45m and get it done ✅ 

My gut feeling is that Alex Moreno would be used mostly as a left midfielder. I seem to recall Albert Moreno played there a lot for him last season, so he's probably trying to replicate that here. That's my guess, anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

We might need more goals, but that doesn't change the fact that we could also do with a box-to-box midfielder this window or the next, we can sign both a midfielder and strengthen the attack. Besides box-to-box midfielders can often be goal scorers, as is the case with Ramsey, and might be a quality we're looking for in any addtions we add to that area, Conor Gallagher might be a good option.

We’ve scored 20 goals in 18 matches in the Prem.

But we’ve scored 9 goals in 5 games under Emery.

11 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

We’ve scored 20 goals in 18 matches in the Prem.

But we’ve scored 9 goals in 5 games under Emery.

Who could have known that tactics and instructions were more useful than "challenging certain individuals to step forward and produce moments of magic"? 

We got 4 goals in the 2 games after Gerrard and before Emery too. Watkins has 2 goals and 3 assists and Ings has 5 goals in the 7 games since Gerrard. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, av1 said:

Lot of money for a 29yr old. Thst said I don’t watch La Liga so maybe he’s worth it. 

12m ? That isnt a lot. We paid 30m for digne who was a year younger on silly wages 

Papers are saying we are closing in on him and betis are looking at new left backs so looks promising. Since the start of last season he has 5 goals and 8 assists which is impressive. Also named as the best uncapped spanish left back in la liga. Was left out of cup game too so may be legs to this

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RicRic said:

We should not be using what id presume will be limited funds in a window which will probably be two signings max

Why are you assuming limited funds? Why are you assuming a max of two signings?

I’m not saying you are right or wrong but we have been no indication that either is true.  

I can see us spending a lot or a little depending on circumstances, I also can see us buying one or two because of availability or buying quite a few because foreign teams financial issues, Emery’s pull, Emery wanting several positions, Emery not fussed about expense of a player but skill set so could see quite a few cheaper coming through the door like Moreno.  

IMO we’ve got no friggin clue what, how much, who is going to happen.

9 hours ago, RicRic said:

We should not be using what id presume will be limited funds in a window

I do not believe for one second that Unai Emery takes the Villa job with “limited funds available “.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, nick76 said:

IMO we’ve got no friggin clue what, how much, who is going to happen.

Spot on.

ps  this also applies to 99% of journos IMHO.

Edited by PerryBarrPet
Additional comment.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rich192 said:

My gut feeling is that Alex Moreno would be used mostly as a left midfielder. I seem to recall Albert Moreno played there a lot for him last season, so he's probably trying to replicate that here. That's my guess, anyway.

Was about to say, from what i've read, he's rapid, skillful, and good in the cross.

Very much an attacking fullback/winger.

Digne but with pace?

If it kills two birds it can work.

4 minutes ago, MentalM said:

So Moreno is both good and bad at crosses? I get confused with the information here!

Yeah that was my question….it seems very mixed view across various forums.  

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Linked to Alberto Moleiro in the Daily Mail. yes please. Looks the player Buendia should be.

Yes saw this earlier, playing regularly in the second division looks promising and wouldn’t cost a fortune.

• Like 1

I've never heard of Alberto Moleiro, but is only 19 and seems quite highly rated if Barca, Real, Arsenal and Liverpool are interested.  How exactly would this work in regards work permits?  I can't imagine he'd qualify for one.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I've never heard of Alberto Moleiro, but is only 19 and seems quite highly rated if Barca, Real, Arsenal and Liverpool are interested.  How exactly would this work in regards work permits?  I can't imagine he'd qualify for one.

A massive fee like Wesley I presume, I forgot all about being out of the EU.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

A massive fee like Wesley I presume, I forgot all about being out of the EU.

According to Goal.com he has a release clause of €30 million.  Not sure I can see us investing that in him.