January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Also Zaha went back after like one season and was still <25. Most players go back when they're ancient. Only other than example is Young here but despite his age he can still move and run a bit. 

Grealish can barely move at 27, he's ancient! 

Seriously though, of course he's not coming back, we can't afford him now even if he wanted to. But there are examples of players returning to sides and doing just fine. 

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Seriously though, of course he's not coming back, we can't afford him now even if he wanted to. But there are examples of players returning to sides and doing just fine. 

Surely we can just cancel the payments they owe us and the king can come home?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

“Just fine” is exactly what we hope from incoming player….not excellent or rubbish but just fine.  

Just kidding!

It’s certainly a possibility but to be at the heights he was just before he left is a small possibility and thus a massive risk for the likely financial outlay it would be for us both in terms of a record fee and monumental wages.  

We also know he has regular injury issues so we aren’t a club in that position even if he was available and interested.  

Too many cons for me on this deal than pros, not that it’s even going to be an option.

Edited by nick76

Grealish ain't coming back here. He's already left us once to go play in the Champions League and to win trophies. If he does leave City, he won't have any issues finding another club who can offer the same opportunites. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Surely we can just cancel the payments they owe us and the king can come home?

Haven’t we already spent that money that we have yet to receive.

Edited by nick76

If he didnt have his history here then the thought of resigning him would not be welcome on here. Would be a similar reaction to when we were linked to Alli, Lingard or Barkley again

Barkley 1st season at Chelsea was more successful than Grealish at City and we also wouldnt want him to return

55 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I'd consider him an 'old' 27, though. Frequently injured and with a poor lifestyle for longevity. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'll take this 16 yr old kid please. 

Endrick Felipe Moreira de Sousa IMPRESSIVE Skills & Goals in 2022/2023 Season playing for SE Palmeiras and Brazil U20 National Team.

We wont be paying 60 million for a player that cant play in Europe until 2024 😛

14 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I'd consider him an 'old' 27, though. Frequently injured and with a poor lifestyle for longevity. 

Shin injuries yes, I'll give you that. 

A common misconception (because of his awful driving record and penchant for being photographed in Ibiza with tits and fanny around him) is that he's not looked after himself. Miles away from correct. 

The guy is an absolute beast, he's a million miles away from Rooney etc in terms of longevity. He's as fit as anyone in that England squad in Qatar. 

Sorry for derailing the thread. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Really? You've not mentioned it.

You may have missed his name in and amongst the 1,302,106 other players that he's scouted for transfers to Villa in the last 20 mins alone. 

Hard to keep up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Grealish ain't coming back here. He's already left us once to go play in the Champions League and to win trophies. If he does leave City, he won't have any issues finding another club who can offer the same opportunites. 

I'm not convinced he'd come back (or that I'd want it, in truth).

But maybe winning summat at Citeh and playing with De Bruyne etc was an itch he needed to scratch?  Now that he''s done it, he could come back to VP with a different perspective and focus. 

On 02/12/2022 at 16:24, TRO said:

I accept, There are many ways of looking at it....and exceptions to every rule

but if it walks and talks like Duck, its probably a duck.

Judgment of players, is subjective......and with huge sums of money involved, its paramount that risk is reduced as much as possible.

The thumb rule of equating how many goals are scored and how many matches played, or what leagues they were scored in, may seem unsophisticated to some, but in the cold light of day, it works more than it doesn't.

Even when the statisticians produce goal scoring records for the elite strikers, part games and penalties are still thrown in to the pot.

Any player, with a good Goals to games percentage, by and large is a good striker, we don't need to over complicate it.

Disagree. This is how you end up with Ross McCormack. With recruitment, I don't think there's a thing as being too diligent and it's absolutely crucial to sign players who will slot right into your system with minimal fuss rather than need to be heavily accommodated.