January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

10 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Cause he’s 20 and a lot of people think he has a very bright future.

Yes he has,  but maybe we have those type of players here at villa? I think Emery  might give the likes of Archer , Philogene , Iroegbunam, Kessler a run in the first team .

• Like 1

I just hope that our recruitment strategy changes.

Instead of signing high profile players, I would rather us sign talented players that can fulfil their roles.

Players like Trossard (Genk) and Bissouma (Lille) before their big moves are players we should be going for..

I saw a post stating we spent £70million on Buendia & Watkins.. 

Our recruitment has been poor since our 2nd season back in the premier League 

13 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I saw a post stating we spent £70million on Buendia & Watkins.. 

I’m not sure what’s wrong with Buendia in your point, was a 24 year old talented player at the time.  Gerrard didn’t use him much or in his his position but his work rate is great and he’s talented, just needs to be used and in the right way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not sure what’s wrong with Buendia in your point, was a 24 year old talented player at the time.  Gerrard didn’t use him much or in his his position but his work rate is great and he’s talented, just needs to be used and in the right way.

We have spent £38 million on him and he has been poor and does not look convincing at this level.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Definitely the profile of player we should be in for. Relatively cheap due to contract situation can play a number of positions across the front 3 and only 21.

100%. We can get him for a cut price in Jan or a free in the summer! 
Hopefully we moved back to our old transfer policy of signing young players with big potential 

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

100%. We can get him for a cut price in Jan or a free in the summer! 
Hopefully we moved back to our old transfer policy of signing young players with big potential 

Agreed!

Will struggle to get rid of all the fossils we signed under Gerrard..

12 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Agreed!

yeah! Luckily no more damage can be done. Gerrard tried to ruin us, make us the new Everton by signing these overaged overearning fossils. 

9 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Get rid of bailey buendia and ings none of these guys have taken us to new heights 90 million wasted!!! and watkins too 

We’d take a humongous loss on all three.

Its great being in the PL with lots of money but the downside is, if you get a transfer wrong, you’re stuck with it.

Who’s taking Ings off us now for anything other than a massive loss? Who’s giving us 30/38m for Bailey and Buendia? Nobody.

You can only afford to get a transfer wrong if you have CL money or huge commercial revenue. We don’t have the former and a couple of dodgy deals have helped with the latter but we need to be better in the transfer market.

Weve been a mess since we sold Grealish. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’d take a humongous loss on all three.

Its great being in the PL with lots of money but the downside is, if you get a transfer wrong, you’re stuck with it.

Who’s taking Ings off us now for anything other than a massive loss? Who’s giving us 30/38m for Bailey and Buendia? Nobody.

You can only afford to get a transfer wrong if you have CL money or huge commercial revenue. We don’t have the former and a couple of dodgy deals have helped with the latter but we need to be better in the transfer market.

Weve been a mess since we sold Grealish. 

Bailey, Ings and Buendia can all be successful signings under Emery and the right tactics.
Is Gerard Moreno any better than Ings. NO!

24 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Agreed!

The only " fossil" we might want to get rid of, signed under Gerrard is Coutinho.

What immediate need do we have to get rid of Diego Carlos, Lucas Digne, Boubacar Kamara, Dendonker and Callum Chambers?

Those are Gerrard's signings, and some of our best performers.

23 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Get rid of bailey buendia and ings none of these guys have taken us to new heights 90 million wasted!!! and watkins too 

Why has Buendia been thrown into this?  Started on the bench so often despite the calls from Villa Park crowd, never had a consistent starts under Gerrard.  Gerrard always played him as back up to Coutinho somehow.  He might not be worth the money in the end but at this stage we don’t know.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The only " fossil" we might want to get rid of, signed under Gerrard is Coutinho.

What immediate need do we have to get rid of Diego Carlos, Lucas Digne, Boubacar Kamara, Dendonker and Callum Chambers?

Those are Gerrard's signings, and some of our best performers.

Older players are more prone to and take longer time to recover from injuries. That is the problem.

That coupled with high wages makes them almost unsellable.

We'll not see profit from any of these players and will go on big losses.

It was a shambolic direction Purslow allowed Gerrard to take. Shifting from our working and sustainable young and hungry approach under Deano.

Edited by Pinebro

31 minutes ago, RicRic said:

They've only started together twice and one of those games we battered Brentford.  Gerrard's tactics weren't set up to get the best out of any of them really.

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Older players are more prone to and take longer time to recover from injuries. That is the problem.

That coupled with high wages makes them almost unsellable.

We'll not see profit from any of these players and will go on big losses.

It was a shambolic direction Purslow allowed Gerrard to take. Shifting from our working and sustainable young and hungry approach under Deano.

Well I think Kamara and Carlos are real quality signings

Kamara and Chambers were free transfers

Didnt agree with Dendoncker signing but he was only £13m

Digne has been a disappointment.

So while I wasn’t a fan of Gerrard there is at least two brilliant signings there and two were freebies and one that was cheap. It’s not exactly big losses like you are saying.