Weekends Football 9/10/11September

rodders0223

17 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s typical that it’s football that has been called off. Presumably at the direction of the culture minister. 

Rugby, Cricket, Horse Racing are all allowed to go ahead 🙄

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Ridiculous. We are all fully functional adults. We are quite capable of showing respect to a dead head of state and watching a football match in the same weekend.

Once again the war on football fans from all political parties continues. clearings in the woods.

Have I missed something, wasn't this the decision of the football executives? Why are you blaming politicians?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Have I missed something, wasn't this the decision of the football executives? Why are you blaming politicians?

Thanks for the correction :) But yes fair point, Richard Masters is a clown.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It will have been a call made from above. No way they call off their own sport willingly with the money at stake. 

Yesterday the statement was they were ‘waiting to decide on protocol’. Today it’s called off. 

Edited by LondonLax

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It will have been a call made from above. No way they call off their own sport willingly with the money at stake. 

We don't have to guess, it's been well covered in the media that the DCMS had a call with leading figures in elite sport and just told them "up to you, lads". Football executive just made a poor choice.

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We don't have to guess, it's been well covered in the media that the DCMS had a call with leading figures in elite sport and just told them "up to you, lads". Football executive just made a poor choice.

I’d love to have heard the details of that conversation.

Granted, I am not English, but I certainly pay my respects to the queen and fully understand that a period of mourning is appropriate. But cancelling the weekends games and possible next weekends too? I just don't get it. You guys get time off work as well? Shops closed? Did she have some special relationship with football? 

Play with armbands and hold a minutes silence. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

It’s typical that it’s football that has been called off. Presumably at the direction of the culture minister. 

Rugby, Cricket, Horse Racing are all allowed to go ahead 🙄

Claire Balding said racing is off Thursday Friday and Saturday. 

And she should know. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

So there is seriously no games today?

**** seriously!?!?!

Yep, it’s 2022 and we’ve just lived through a 2 year pandemic. 

Who thought cancelling the national sport right down to telling 5 year old children they can’t play football was a good idea?

24 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I can't understand the decision at all. Specially as other sports seems to go ahead as planned and other things are open too.

Its strange but unsurprising. English football authorities were one of the more unorganised leagues when the pandemic happened

Maybe it shows I just don't like football as much as I used to, but I'm just not bothered the games have been cancelled. 

Plenty of other stuff to do

New-hamster.png

• Haha 1

Â