Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

15 minutes ago, supermon said:

Conference league it is then, I hope West Ham lose, would prefer if we qualify and win it first lol

As good as that would be. Would actually be more beneficial having another English team in Europe. More chance of a better coefficient, meaning a 5th CL spot.

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Good logic. You literally finish in Europa League in 5th one place below the CL. 

The prize money alone makes a huge difference between the CL and EL, unsurprisingly, the gap between EL and ECL is a lot smaller. 

Honestly as good as we've been since February, the results have gone our way a little bit for us to still be in with a shout of EL at this point given our results against Brentford, Wolves and United. Brighton dropping points against relegated Southampton was asking an awful lot. Them getting into Europa is very much a positive for football, let's just finish the job next week and take seventh place, itself a fantastic achievement, and our first taste of Europe in over a decade.

Edit: i take it all back, come on Saints, sixth place belongs to us

Edited by jayEm

It's amazing isn't it that we as a club are craving for any kind of European football & it looks like conference league, but you go across to the Spurs furoms they want nothing to do with it, some of them were turning there noses up for the Europa league, can't stand the entitled buch of pricks & the thing is I know they've tasted champions league but we're the bigger club with history & trophies, because they have this shiny new stadium they feel there owed something, there a complete mess & when Kane leaves there going to be in a even bigger pickle, specially when you see us Brighton & Newcastle moving in amongst there so called sky 6.