Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I thought we were level on points with Spurs and still thought we'd finish below them. I've just realised they are 3 points above us.

Even if we beat them, they will probably still be above us. Then we go to Anfield. 

We won't finish as high as 7th. It's just too much to ask. 

Think we can hold on to 8th tho.

Just enjoy the last three games.  We’ll get 8th but in three games, anything can happen re the places ago, we have the ability to beat both Spurs and Brighton at home.  Can we? Will we? That is yet to be seen.

Nobody thought Brighton would lose to Everton, a few Villa fans don’t expect much from us now above 8th.  

It’s all a bonus now, I’m looking forward to tomo and the game.  I think we beat them tomo, if we do then it’s still game on. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If we win by 2 goals we go ahead apparently

No we would have to hammer them by 3 goals or more to go above them.

And even in the extremely unlikely event that happens, we would be back behind them the following week after we go to Anfield.

Edited by GlobalVillan

35 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

And even in the extremely unlikely event that happens, we would be back behind them the following week after we go to Anfield.

Even though we will likely lose at Liverpool, are you certain Spurs will beat Brentford that same weekend?  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Even though we will likely lose at Liverpool, are you certain Spurs will beat Brentford that same weekend?  

It certainally sounds like he is.  Might lump my salary on it.

20 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Toney and Mbuemo will hopefully cause that awful Spurs defence a lot of trouble that day

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, duke313 said:

he's right, we may as well give up now, no point in even trying for the last 3 games, pointless, its over

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

I mean, they've only lost 6-1 to Newcastle and 4-1 to Leicester since January. Not to mention losing 2-0 to us when they were at home. 

But we absolutely won't beat them by 3 goals at home. And they will definitely beat Brentford and we definitely won't beat Liverpool. 

You're speaking like the games have already been played, 8 days before they happen. And the results are scripted. 

Despite VAR & PGMOL'S best efforts, football doesn't work like that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, picicata said:

Let's fold the club, it's all pointless

True facts. I can't get past the Claret and Blue podcast host comment from a year ago or something "Brummies are negative by nature" 

I'm just relaying what I heard

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

I mean, they've only lost 6-1 to Newcastle and 4-1 to Leicester since January. Not to mention losing 2-0 to us when they were at home. 

But we absolutely won't beat them by 3 goals at home. And they will definitely beat Brentford and we definitely won't beat Liverpool. 

You're speaking like the games have already been played, 8 days before they happen. And the results are scripted. 

Despite VAR & PGMOL'S best efforts, football doesn't work like that. 

Yes it's true. I don't believe that we will beat Spurs by 3 or more goals, after the recent performances and not beating them at home for 15 years.

What a crazy thought that must be.

3 minutes ago, lainux said:

Beat spurs by 2 goals or more and we go above them and could be 6th by end of this week 🙏

No, if we beat them by 2 we stay below them with GD the same and they have a higher GF

36 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yes it's true. I don't believe that we will beat Spurs by 3 or more goals, after the recent performances and not beating them at home for 15 years.

What a crazy thought that must be.

Not sure anything from our last 15 years is relevant in the context of this game.

How many historic records has Emery already broken? Living in the past there. 

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Not sure anything from our last 15 years is relevant in the context of this game.

How many historic records has Emery already broken? Living in the past there. 

Ok it's not valid to ever mention recent form against another team and its not reasonable to suspect we WON'T hammer Spurs. Gotcha.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Ok it's not valid to ever mention recent form against another team and its not reasonable to suspect we WON'T hammer Spurs. Gotcha.

Wow.

You'll see I said you can think that. But you were saying we will lose, and even that we have already lost to Liverpool. That's quite different.

• Confused 1

We’ll need the footballing gods to be smiling down on us on more than occasion over the coming weeks.

But it’s not impossible, Spurs failing to beat a tricky Brentford and an admittedly poor Leeds side who quite possibly need to throw the kitchen sink at them on the final day. That game I think is potentially fascinating.

Brighton’s fixtures I’ve said enough on.

We stand a much better chance of Europe if we win our games, and both the weekend and this place is generally more enjoyable when we do win. So hopefully we win tomorrow and what happens elsewhere doesn’t dampen what would be a good win regardless of the impact it has on our final league position.

A balance of managing expectations but daring to dream a little bit. As it normally is.

• Like 4