Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Just now, DJBOB said:

Eh I just can’t see them getting results of all the games in hand even against weaker opponents. Their bench is as thin as ours and they have to play 5 matches in 15 days. 

Let's hope you are right. However I expect they will get 5 points or more from the 4 games in hand and that will take them above us, whilst we have to go to Man United and Liverpool.

I think it’ll be between us, Brighton and Spurs. Liverpool have an easy run-in and space between their fixtures. 

Brighton a test of endurance for them. Spurs who the **** knows. Beat Wolves, Spurs, Brighton and we’re in. No blowouts against United or Liverpool. Would take an ugly point in each. 

Edited by DJBOB

10 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Let's hope you are right. However I expect they will get 5 points or more from the 4 games in hand and that will take them above us, whilst we have to go to Man United and Liverpool.

Be interesting to see how they do tonight, Forest showed a bit of fight against Liverpool, coming from behind twice, I'm hopeful they can get something.  I think Brighton will be knackered after their cup exploits on Sunday.  

27 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If we assume that Brighton beat Forest tonight, they will then be 2 points behind us.  Their remaining games in hand are against Newcastle, Man U and Man City, who they realistically could get nothing from.   

Alternatively, you can see them getting at least 1 win from those 3 given how they've performed this season. And that's all they'd need to overtake us too.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Alternatively, you can see them getting at least 1 win from those 3 given how they've performed this season. And that's all they'd need to overtake us too.

It’s fine margins, but if results go their way they could find themselves 5th on Saturday evening. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YLN said:

Brighton striker is making his first start and they're playing their reserve keeper for some reason. 

Steele has played in goal 6 of last 7 games. De Zerbi prefers him. I got him in FPL few weeks ago along with every other man and his dog

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Sad 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Steele has played 6 of last 7 games. De Zerbi prefers him. I got him in FPL few weeks ago along with every other man and his dog

Yes but...

Akinfenwa's coat is quite silly. Can we agree on that at least?