The Game's Good

MrBlack

Okay, I’m kinda proud of this one, as it’s my local club and I helped rig the banner. Vålerenga legend has ALS and was honoured at half time today:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the game of the day on sky sports gives me anxiety.

Every pass is a channel ball.

The amount of overhit simple passes.

It is so frantic.  It is so random.

Every first touch by a defender is a clearance.

Nobody will ever under any circumstances pass the ball sideways.

If you've completed 3 passes in a row and not got anywhere then someone needs to hit the big man.

...and these are good teams, and this is like 15 years ago. This was 2007 today.

It's awful.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Soccer aid raising over 8m for causes that desperately need it is obviously quite good.

As long as noone tells me half the money goes towards funding the event, or that it doesn't actually make it where it should I'll use it to forget the cancer of Man City for a day.

• 2 months later...

This lad gets interviewed ahead of a Naaarch game, gets pelters on Twitter because, well, people are nobs. Within 24 hours the football community flood the post with positive and encouraging messages. As if that wasn’t enough, it becomes clear he is running a marathon for charity and he’s now had £23,000 in sponsorship. Restores your faith a bit. 

https://x.com/pinkun/status/1693194954552791301?s=46&t=Zth_a_EbTEMKOfTa0cJRbw

Grrr. Twitter won’t embed.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, choffer said:

This lad gets interviewed ahead of a Naaarch game, gets pelters on Twitter because, well, people are nobs. Within 24 hours the football community flood the post with positive and encouraging messages. As if that wasn’t enough, it becomes clear he is running a marathon for charity and he’s now had £23,000 in sponsorship. Restores your faith a bit. 

https://x.com/pinkun/status/1693194954552791301?s=46&t=Zth_a_EbTEMKOfTa0cJRbw

Grrr. Twitter won’t embed.

Up to 35k now... original tweet below

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Â