Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Oh you can only moan at the people you deem acceptable. 

You mocked someone for moaning about not finishing higher in the league and signing certain players. Like others who are now mocking people for moaning, you did your fair share over the last few years and seem to have forgotten that. 

You are making accusations but I see no evidence. Can u show me where I moaned about NSWE or Purslow? 

29 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

So saying I don't understand is criticizing?

Possibly not, but since no-one ever claimed it is, this point seems irrelevant.

Just go back through the thread to find a massively negative reaction to this signing, arguing that we don’t need to strengthen this position, the club has lost the plot, can’t celebrate this signing because all I want is for Gerrard to be sacked, etc.

Presumably if we don’t sign him all those posters will be celebrating.

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

You are making accusations but I see no evidence. Can u show me where I moaned about NSWE or Purslow? 

Edit: if u can provide a comment where I moaned about NSWE or Purslow, I will pay 1000 quid to a charity of your choice, I will post the receipt of payment here and I will post a comment to say to how wrong I was. 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

it is behind a paywall, do I can't read the article but The Athletic is saying the Sarr transfer is not advancing

Seen on Twitter that it’s Gerrard blocking it. Could be bullshit though.

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

The meltdown on here if we don't sign him will be funny

No one wanted him to a meltdown when we don't sign him! :D

I'd rather we concentrate on a midfielder but it doesn't have to be one or the other. 

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Seen on Twitter that it’s Gerrard blocking it. Could be bullshit though.

That would be funny considering this thread. 

It could be that it is close to midnight on a Sunday and the people involved are at home getting to bed

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

it is behind a paywall, do I can't read the article but The Athletic is saying the Sarr transfer is not advancing

Following negotiations Ismaila Sarr’s move to Aston Villa from Watford is not, at this stage, advancing. 

The Athletic understands that Watford did hold talks with Villa over a deal worth in the region of £25m (plus add-ons) but a full agreement has not been reached.

Villa were interested in adding another attacker to their forward line and Sarr was seen as an option for manager Steven Gerrard. 

Crystal Palace are known to be monitoring the situation having shown their interest in the player.

Sarr, who is under contract until 2024, has been a key player for Watford since he signed from French side Rennes for £30million in 2019.

In total, Sarr has made 95 appearances in all competitions for Watford. He has scored 25 goals and assisted 19 times during his time at the club. 

Watford play MK Dons on Tuesday in the second round of the Carabao Cup.

• Thanks 1

Â