Loan Thread 2022-23

Hornso

Summary

Indiana Vassilev (Inter Miami) 11th/14 [Eastern Conference]
Away at New York City (2-0) - Substituted in the 60th minute. 30 touches, 100% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 5.96.

Friendly notes:

Finn Azaz played 60 minutes and scored as Plymouth beat Yeovil Town 2-0

Sinisalo watched from the bench as Burton lost 0-3 to Sheffield United.

Barry was substituted in the 41st minute as MK Dons beat Barnet 1-3. Illness perhaps?

Holland replaced Barry before the half-time whistle – the Aston Villa loanee having twice left the field to the dressing room prior to his withdrawal.

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2022/july/report-barnet-v-mk-dons/ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like a lovely through ball for the first goal by Azaz too.

Who knows if he can make it as a Premier League footballer, but raved about by Newport fans and seemingly starting his Plymouth loan very well too.  Promising.

• Like 2

Barry started all their pre-season cames and then came off ill in their final friendly, so think that might have something to do with why he hasn't started today.

I see Burton left Sinisalo on the bench, they're losing 3-0 already, so he might get his chance soon enough.

• Like 1

I think Philogene has had a slight injury, so not quite ready yet, Cardiff manager said he wouldn't come straight into the team anyway as needs some time on the training ground with them to learn how they want to play.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

I watched the Cambridge MK Dons match (I’m a local), Barry did okay when he came on. Was probably their brightest attacking threat whilst he was on the pitch. Pretty confident he’ll get regular starts for them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tommi O'Reilly hasn't gone on loan, or at least nothing has been officially announced, I'd be surprised if he does this window as he hasn't even played that much U23 football yet, was injured for his first year as a scholar and then only broke into the U23s in the second half of last season. I think we will keep him around at least until January, in the mean time can get more experience with our U21s, play first team oppostion in the EFL Tropohy, and possibly play for our first team in the EFL Trophy if we get a good draw, then reasse again in January.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, useless said:

Tommi O'Reilly hasn't gone on loan, or at least nothing has been officially announced, I'd be surprised if he does this window as he hasn't even played that much U23 football yet, was injured for his first year as a scholar and then only broke into the U23s in the second half of last season. I think we will keep him around at least until January, in the mean time can get more experience with our U21s, play first team oppostion in the EFL Tropohy, and possibly play for our first team in the EFL Trophy if we get a good draw, then reasse again in January.

That is surprising - he really grew as a player last year and in his Walsall cameo he looked pretty decent. There shouldn't be a shortage of, at the least, League 2 clubs who would be willing to give him a chance.

Well I'm just guessing of course, I could be wrong and he does end up going out on loan, I just feel as though the club will want him to have some more experience with our U21s first, and equally other clubs might want to see a bit more of him at U21 level, as it stands he's played less than ten game worth of U23 football, and it's only really been in his last five or so appearances that he's started impressing at that level.

• Like 1

Summary from Wednesday night

Indiana Vassilev (Inter Miami) 8th/14 [Eastern Conference]
Away at San Jose (0-1) - Unused substitute.

Friendly notes:

Wesley played the second half as Levante lost 3-1 to Villarreal.

Edited by Hornso
  • Thanks 1

Barry makes his first start for MK Dons today, and Philogene makes his first appearance on the bench for Cardiff.

Azaz starts for Plymouth, and Sinisalo on the bench for Burton Ablion.

• Thanks 1

Â