Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

25 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

O/u on how many red cards we see him pick up this season? Love his aggression but some of his highlights will either be PKs or red cards with the likes of Fernandes, Saka, et al. knowing how to deceive the refs.

We ain't gonna be a fun side to play against at all.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I doubt Ming or Konsa will go anywhere. For me I have alway advocated having 3 top draw centre back fighting it out, and then one young talent as the 4th centre back. Then maybe a utility defender like Chambers as emergency back up for 3 or 4 positions.

A perfect fit in regards to the type of player we need. Quick, strong, good in the air, decent with the ball at his feet. 

Delighted with this addition!

spacer.png

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Looking forward to a Mings & Carlos CB partnership. Rock solid, physically imposing and dominant imo.

Can’t get on board with the disrespect of Ty, he has been a key player for us and we have always looked a mess when he hasn’t played. Less responsibility on his shoulders should bring his game and concentration levels on even more.

He has had to lead and organise this team for a while now, will be good for him to get a helping hand in that sense…

I expect quite a lot from Diego, he will help Mings rather than hinder/replace him imo…

Maybe we bring in more defenders, I have no idea. But I think this could be a great “base” for the team and I expect added protection from midfield now.

Kamara will help a lot, players like him and Carlos will help us so much in and out of possession, but I expect at least another midfielder back there (Bissouma or similar) to make us even more dominant and resilient.

A stronger midfield and better ball retention will really help out and ease the pressure on our defence and goalkeeper, worth taking that into account.

Exciting times…

Don’t meant to offend or disrespect anyone, but sometimes it seems like too many people fail to understand the bigger picture or context. Failing to look at the reasons and contributing factors to errors or conceding goals and instead singling out and abusing/slating individual players who actually give their all for the club and have been vital. And overlooking, maybe, the poorer/inferior ones or those that don’t actually make as much of a contribution.

No player can be perfect or faultless in any/every match, they’re human after all. You need your teammates to support you and be of a high enough quality if you genuinely want to progress and be more formidable. Too much onus and pressure on an individual often leads to errors…

Too many people resorting to slating and singling out individuals and overlook all the good work they actually do and disregard the times when such players have actually saved us in a game or got us out of trouble.

Most recent example I can think of is when Ty lunged to block Weghorst’s shot vs. Burnley. Not really an unusual kind of action for him, he has been a rock for us many times.

I haven't seen any person be disrespectful to Mings on here

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Looking forward to a Mings & Carlos CB partnership. Rock solid, physically imposing and dominant imo.

Can’t get on board with the disrespect of Ty, he has been a key player for us and we have always looked a mess when he hasn’t played. Less responsibility on his shoulders should bring his game and concentration levels on even more.

He has had to lead and organise this team for a while now, will be good for him to get a helping hand in that sense…

I expect quite a lot from Diego, he will help Mings rather than hinder/replace him imo…

Maybe we bring in more defenders, I have no idea. But I think this could be a great “base” for the team and I expect added protection from midfield now.

Kamara will help a lot, players like him and Carlos will help us so much in and out of possession, but I expect at least another midfielder back there (Bissouma or similar) to make us even more dominant and resilient.

A stronger midfield and better ball retention will really help out and ease the pressure on our defence and goalkeeper, worth taking that into account.

Exciting times…

Don’t meant to offend or disrespect anyone, but sometimes it seems like too many people fail to understand the bigger picture or context. Failing to look at the reasons and contributing factors to errors or conceding goals and instead singling out and abusing/slating individual players who actually give their all for the club and have been vital. And overlooking, maybe, the poorer/inferior ones or those that don’t actually make as much of a contribution.

No player can be perfect or faultless in any/every match, they’re human after all. You need your teammates to support you and be of a high enough quality if you genuinely want to progress and be more formidable. Too much onus and pressure on an individual often leads to errors…

Too many people resorting to slating and singling out individuals and overlook all the good work they actually do and disregard the times when such players have actually saved us in a game or got us out of trouble.

Most recent example I can think of is when Ty lunged to block Weghorst’s shot vs. Burnley. Not really an unusual kind of action for him, he has been a rock for us many times.

I have said numerous times that I really want to see Mings play as the "junior" CB in a partnership.  In that respect it feels like this is a really good signing.  Mings will respect the fact that Carlos has been there and done it in one of the big leagues, by the sounds of it Carlos is used to being the defensive general and organising those around him.  Mings having someone shouting in his ear will I think keep him more focused and also more tactically aware.  He and Konsa just seemed to get caught out a few times where either they both tracked the same person or they both let him go.  I don't think that will happen as much with Carlos if he really was the guy organising one of the leanest defences in top flight European leagues last season.  There have been a couple of comments about him having the occasional brain fart (a bit like Mings) but if the organisation works and we end up conceding 35 goals in a 38 game season then I would be happy with both of them having a couple of complete howlers over the season and making our actual record 39 goals against!

• Like 1

This was a surprise, I have a good feeling about this signing. He looks like a unit, hopefully he is fast and quick in the turn as well. What is most impressive to me in the you tube vids is how effortless he pings those pin point long balls! Very good if we have found a solid CB who is also a good passer.

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

This was a surprise, I have a good feeling about this signing. He looks like a unit, hopefully he is fast and quick in the turn as well. What is most impressive to me in the you tube vids is how effortless he pings those pin point long balls! Very good if we have found a solid CB who is also a good passer.

There's a video in the thread earlier, of him basically keeping pace with Adama Traore... So I'd say yeah, he's pretty quick.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lacroix stats are certainly impressive.

He had 5 yellow cards and 3 red cards this season which the stats dont tell you

Wolfsburg also had one of the poorer defences in the league. they also only lost one of the 5 games he missed through suspension

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He had 5 yellow cards and 3 red cards this season which the stats dont tell you

Wolfsburg also had one of the poorer defences in the league. they also only lost one of the 5 games he missed through suspension

Fair play, just going off what I saw.

I legit don't know much about ALOT of the players I see our resident experts talk about, outside the UK. Lol

Also prob because I haven't played FIFA or FM for years 

59 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

He plays as the left CB at Sevilla (although he is right footed). I find it difficult to see him as anything but our presumed new starter in Ming's spot. He isnt here as backup.

He’s played RCB for Sevilla as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

to think, we have just signed a centre back, ranked equal 14th most valuable centre back in world football......(as per transfermarkt).

image.thumb.png.86d6faf2acab2ccd47494d4505fa73c4.png

I cannot see the 80 million genius from United in that list 😛 

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

He plays as the left CB at Sevilla (although he is right footed). I find it difficult to see him as anything but our presumed new starter in Ming's spot. He isnt here as backup.

Transfermarkt has him as comfortable on both sides, he's played both with regularity.

Mings LCB, Carlos RCB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Transfermarkt has him as comfortable on both sides, he's played both with regularity.

Mings LCB, Carlos RCB.

he played both LCB & RCB for Sevilla, at various points.

for me personally, i would 100% put Mings (LCB) and Carlos (RCB) as our choice CBs, will see if we bring any more CBs in i suppose!

• Like 1

Â