The rising cost of living

StefanAVFC

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Come on man.  It's the finest butter in the world!

I won't dispute that but it ain't worth what they charge for it.  The imitations are perfectly fine for a fraction of the price.

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I won't dispute that but it ain't worth what they charge for it.  The imitations are perfectly fine for a fraction of the price.

I was joking, it was their advertising slogan.

I don't think if you are popping into Noma for a quick avocado sandwich they're going to be using Lurpak on the bread.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Genie said:

Inflation falls to 4.6%

3 cheers for Rishi!

Yet gas/electricity/petrol don’t fall.

And they wonder why people despise government/big business.

All words removed.

21 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Yet gas/electricity/petrol don’t fall.

And they wonder why people despise government/big business.

All words removed.

Apparently energy price falls make up majority of this

It's largely down to lower energy prices - with gas costs falling by 31% over the previous 12 months, and electricity by 15.6%

bbc

Controlling inflation is the domain of the Bank of England not the government so Sunak/Hunt etc claiming this as their success is bullshit. There was a reason Sunak said he would half inflation by the end of the year as he knew that the huge rise in energy bills that happened last October would drop out of this months figures so F all to do with anything he has done. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Inflation falls to 4.6%

3 cheers for Rishi!

Got to hand it to Rishi.  All those hours of planning, money invested, committees and action groups he set up in his detailed planning to reduce inflation has really done the business.  I'm so happy for him that his plan has worked, he's some kind of genius.  He really is.

Say what you want about Rishi but inflation really is his bitch.

Maybe he should publish his plans in great detail to help future Governments tackle inflation if this ever happens again.  That should secure a Knighthood.  

Please let a journalist ask him the exact details of his plan.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â