The rising cost of living

StefanAVFC

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Tesco :D 

Ah. Old enough to remember when they were good  :)

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

That's one of them topless cocktail bars yeah? 😂

:)  Sadly not. It's a Hip Hop thing.

Anyway, what standard of tits would you get at a £9 cocktail titty bar these days?

Spoiler

*Shudders*

images.jpg.2b9e4aae847b284fe4cb77181f400064.jpg

19 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Popped to my local with the Mrs recently, Carling, although I don't drink it, is £4.85. For me 4 pints of Estrella £5.65 each, a bottle of house wine and 2 toasted sandwiches £53.10. Used be able to go to a posh restaurant for that.

And nothing for your Mrs you greedy ****?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Xann said:

Sadly not. It's a Hip Hop thing.

We've got a Boom Battle Bar (not quite the same thing)

THE GAME WITH THE GREATEST
AXE-PECTATIONS…
Give your best lumberjack impression on this one, you don’t even need plaid or a beard. But seriously, you’re going to love our iconic axe lanes. Oh, and remember… no alcohol before or during this experience, you need to wear closed toe shoes and no heels/sandals, and if you’re lucky enough to have long hair we need you to tie that back. We’re all about the fun but like, safety too.

There’s a place in Worcester that does axe throwing. In one of the little converted railway arch units. Every time I walk past there, the door is open. Can’t help feeling that one day that axe is going to contrive to go flying out the door.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There’s a place in Worcester that does axe throwing. In one of the little converted railway arch units. Every time I walk past there, the door is open. Can’t help feeling that one day that axe is going to contrive to go flying out the door.

Is it a bar? That would be one helluva combination.

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Is it a bar? That would be one helluva combination.

Just checked, no, there’s no bar, but it’s opening times are 4:00pm until 9:00pm… and there are plenty of bars around!

£18 for 45 minutes.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Just checked, no, there’s no bar, but it’s opening times are 4:00pm until 9:00pm… and there are plenty of bars around!

£18 for 45 minutes.

Yeah I'd duck walking past that door...

When Debenhams died in Wandsworth we thought they were going to have to break it into smaller units.

A gaming place took the whole thing.

e-karts-1-optimised-3718493865.png.9b11ba432962da22d5e877b1659956e4.png

Pucker up Buttercup! Are you ready to FEEL THE BOOM™? Get set for the time of your life, the Battleground has arrived! Battle it out with a mate or a date with our selection of games including Axe Throwing, Crazier Golf, Augmented Reality Darts, Beer Pong, Shuffleboard & much more! Why are you still reading this? It’s time to get booking.

https://gravity-global.com/max/wandsworth

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Xann said:

When Debenhams died in Wandsworth we thought they were going to have to break it into smaller units.

A gaming place took the whole thing.

e-karts-1-optimised-3718493865.png.9b11ba432962da22d5e877b1659956e4.png

https://gravity-global.com/max/wandsworth

Probably the same people, certainly the same MO. Our one is in a shopping centre that had more emptiness than a speech by Penny Mordaunt.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

"Rising interest rates help HSBC profits double to 6.35 billion".

Some profit that is, while people are struggling to pay there mortgages. 

Most of the profit is in Asia. 

24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s a Japanese bank, don’t you know.

Yes, had a very interesting conversation stood in an HSBC once with a lovely lady in the queue. Went something like:

Lady: this is all Japanese now, they bought it.

Me: no, I don’t think that’s true, I think it was pretty much just a name change

Lady: No, it’s Japanese it stands for Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank.

Me: I don’t think they’re in Japan

Lady: yes they are, we had to give them up, you should learn about these things, they’re taking over, the communists

Me: are the Japanese communist?

Lady: yes

Also formerly known as Midland Bank was it not?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s a Japanese bank, don’t you know.

Yes, had a very interesting conversation stood in an HSBC once with a lovely lady in the queue. Went something like:

Lady: this is all Japanese now, they bought it.

Me: no, I don’t think that’s true, I think it was pretty much just a name change

Lady: No, it’s Japanese it stands for Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank.

Me: I don’t think they’re in Japan

Lady: yes they are, we had to give them up, you should learn about these things, they’re taking over, the communists

Me: are the Japanese communist?

Lady: yes

I know exactly which box she ticked in the Brexit referendum. Did a lot of her own research I'm sure. 

• Like 1

What the hell is going on with Flora butter?

Bought a tub earlier today. I noticed all the packaging and design had changed but thought nothing more.

Try and spread the bloody thing and it rips the bread apart!

Another victim of the cost cutting exercise where the 'spreadable compound' within it has obviously been removed.  ******s!

• Like 2

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

What the hell is going on with Flora butter?

Bought a tub earlier today. I noticed all the packaging and design had changed but thought nothing more.

Try and spread the bloody thing and it rips the bread apart!

Another victim of the cost cutting exercise where the 'spreadable compound' within it has obviously been removed.  ******s!

Because it is on offer my wife is persisting and keeps buying it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Because it is on offer my wife is persisting and keeps buying it. 

I see where she could be coming from.

Might aswell go back to the days where you buy it in the foil and just leave it in the butter dish! 

As there's no chance in hell I'm paying £7 for Lurpak spreadable!

Â