Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is he? He got sent off stupidly yesterday and he will come in to not replace McGinn

He’s been poor for Chelsea now for some reason but that doesn’t negate what he did at Palace. Maybe he’s not the superstar people thought last season, but definitely a good player.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

maybe if we played wingers he would look good, he has played less than 200 minutes in our 5 games this season out of position

In 180 Premier League minutes this season the majority of his work has been done on the right even if he hasn't been playing "right wing." He's had 105 touches. He's lost possession 42 times. Only Coutinho, Kamara, McGinn, Cash and Digne have lost possession more, and they've all had far more touches. He hurts more often than he helps.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

In 180 Premier League minutes this season the majority of his work has been done on the right even if he hasn't been playing "right wing." He's had 105 touches. He's lost possession 42 times. Only Coutinho, Kamara, McGinn, Cash and Digne have lost possession more, and they've all had far more touches. He hurts more often than he helps.

Maybe if we had an actual football manager who could coach he would thrive like he did in Germany

Now that Haaland has proved its not some farmer league

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe if we had an actual football manager who could coach he would thrive like he did in Germany

Leon Bailey is not, nor will he ever be, Erling Haaland. If you think they're one and the same there probably isn't any reason to further this discussion.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, VillaHatesMe said:

Leon Bailey is not, nor will he ever be, Erling Haaland. If you think they're one and the same there probably isn't any reason to further this discussion.

Who said that 😂😂

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Who said that 😂😂

You just did when you used Haaland as an example to prove some kind of odd point that Leon Bailey is great, it's Gerrard's fault he's struggled because Haaland is good. I'm responding directly to your gibberish.

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

You just did when you used Haaland as an example to prove some kind of odd point that Leon Bailey is great, it's Gerrard's fault he's struggled because Haaland is good. I'm responding directly to your gibberish.

Maybe check what i said 😞

If not Whats the point if debating

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe check what i said 😞

If not Whats the point if debating

You responded to me giving you information about how often Leon Bailey loses possession with this

If you're up for explaining exactly what point you were hoping to make with these statements if you weren't directly comparing them, I'd appreciate it. Because it reads as if you're saying Bailey's struggles are all Gerrard's fault because now that Haaland is playing well, it's been proven everybody from Germany should play well unless Gerrard destroys them.

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's weird that I don't even want to think about the transfer window, or transfers at all right now 🤦🏿‍♂️

Not at all weird.  I want the transfer window to shut asap so Gerrard can’t do any more damage.  
Can imagine Buendia, Bailey, Sanson, Mings, Luiz all demanding to leave if this fool stays in charge.

And before we spend a shed load on some washed up 30 year old in a bid to save Gerrard his job.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Since he arrived, Bailey has been almost entirely rubbish and/or injured. He doesn't fit into any of the manager's preferred formations (and the manager seems unlikely to be going anywhere soon), and in the background his gobby relative is proving an entirely unwelcome PR circus distraction.

If we can get anything close to what we paid, I'd be delighted to sell him.

I hate to agree, but I do.

May not be the player, but rather the system..

But quite frankly, AEG has been more effective.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

I hate to agree, but I do.

May not be the player, but rather the system..

But quite frankly, AEG has been more effective.

He's a very good player.   tasked to play in a system that does not work with his style.  foolish purchase for that reason.  But I don't think our style will stay as is for much longer.  He would be great in the right system.

Edited by srsmithusa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

He's a very good player.  Hared and tasked to play in a system that does not work with his style.  foolish purchase for that reason.  But I don't think our style will stay as is for much longer.  He would be great in the right system.

Yh, you’re probably right.  In a system where Cash is the preferred source of getting the ball into the area… Messi would struggle.

Can someone help me out, I'm struggling to find a complete and accurate list of the players that are part of Gerrard's "bomb squad" that have been sent to train with the youth teams 

I assume Hause, Traore and El Ghazi were all part of it before their transfers away. Sure I heard Guilbert is with the youth teams too? Is Sanson included? Steer? Anyone else I'm forgetting?

We've gone from a bloated squad to one that's arguably too small. All the youth players I thought would push the first team are out on loan leaving a bunch of kids that aren't ready to play in the prem and Tim who's like 9th choice CM behind Kamara, McGinn, Ramsey, McGinn, Luiz, McGinn, McGinn again, Gerrard getting a game, McGinn, maybe Sanson 

24 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Can someone help me out, I'm struggling to find a complete and accurate list of the players that are part of Gerrard's "bomb squad" that have been sent to train with the youth teams 

I assume Hause, Traore and El Ghazi were all part of it before their transfers away. Sure I heard Guilbert is with the youth teams too? Is Sanson included? Steer? Anyone else I'm forgetting?

We've gone from a bloated squad to one that's arguably too small. All the youth players I thought would push the first team are out on loan leaving a bunch of kids that aren't ready to play in the prem and Tim who's like 9th choice CM behind Kamara, McGinn, Ramsey, McGinn, Luiz, McGinn, McGinn again, Gerrard getting a game, McGinn, maybe Sanson 

My bomb squad has just one name.....

Steven Gerrard

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

So say the club does what you say and gets in some quality additions, say a top drawer midfielder. It is redundant with gerrard here because he'll play mcginn for 90 mins. 

Until SG goes, the club cannot move forward no matter who we sign.

The window closes in three days time so getting rid of Gerrard first then bringing in players is a non-starter. Please don’t suggest we do the two things simultaneously I’d probably die laughing. 

6 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

He's a very good player.   tasked to play in a system that does not work with his style.  foolish purchase for that reason.  But I don't think our style will stay as is for much longer.  He would be great in the right system.

Despite the length of time Bailey has been at Villa, people forget he hasn't had a run of games. He's plays a game, gets takenout the team for two or 3 games, gets injured. Then comes back plays a couple game as player not sharp or acclimatised and gets dropped again. It's been very tough for him to be fair. To add to that he is coming into a team that is playing poorly, and he has McGinn inside him.

Despite all that he still looks very hungry to get on the ball, and make things happen. He just keeps plugging away. He deserves a run of games. If he isn't given that, he should leave, because Butler is right about one thing, his career is being harmed by his Villa move so far. It would be best for him and the club. No point keeping a quality player around if we don't play him. Cash in while he still has value.

Me personally i'd start him 5 games in a row and give him a proper oppourtunity to prove his worth. this constant chopping and changing isn't helping.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

The window closes in three days time so getting rid of Gerrard first then bringing in players is a non-starter. Please don’t suggest we do the two things simultaneously I’d probably die laughing. 

100%, I doubt any high level target will want to come at the moment but we at least need to secure the extra CB and if we do have any deals close to fruition in any other positions they need to present a United front. I think he’ll get a bit longer.

• Like 1

Think we’ll see our name linked to  Matheus Pereira , as well as Diallo and poss Gallagher over the next 24/48 hours. 

Personally I’d Yeremy Pino as RWF. He Is a player probs out of our reach currently but has the skills and versatility. With Bailey left and Buendia central. We got to ditch the current formation and go 4231 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3