Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If Bailey leaves for Ajax we don’t have any wingers left (I don’t count Buendia as a winger). Wonder what the next manager will think about that.

Bailey to Ajax? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

We should cut off spending now and put all the money into a manager search maybe bring in a centre back cover that Lange approves and not Doink

I'm more concerned about letting him dictate our outgoings. Sanson and Nakamba are decent enough squad players and provide good options. There is now talk of Bailey to ajax. We are already threadbare on defence with Hause leaving. Midfield will be the same and then we will have no wingers.

Also, I can't help but think that Gerrard called the sarr deal off as he doesn't want wingers and was originally forced In to accepting it. I wouldn't be surprised if he made up that the player wasn't a good fit after talking to him, just to stop it happening. 

Edited by Made In Aston

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We dont need a targetman at all unless we are playing hoofball

we just need an actual manager

I dunno... seems to be alright for Liverpool & Man City & they're not quite hoofing it.

Anyway- this is the speculation thread... am in absolute agreement that we need a manager change. 

Today we needed a Target man. Assuming there's no manager change before the world cup, then Digne is gonna keep crossing it to nobody.

Much as I dislike the manager, I do want to win games. 

Imagine if we had a brute up front who could finish. Our creative players could have a field day. It would open up loads of space as the opposition would have to close down crosses. At the moment they just say "fill yer boots, Ings ain't beating Zouma in the air".

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Predicting how deadline day will turn out.

Three players in: Bednarek, Dawson, Gallagher.

Three out: Bailey, Douglas Luiz, Mings.

Dont depress us even more

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ejvilla said:

I dunno... seems to be alright for Liverpool & Man City & they're not quite hoofing it.

Anyway- this is the speculation thread... am in absolute agreement that we need a manager change. 

Today we needed a Target man. Assuming there's no manager change before the world cup, then Digne is gonna keep crossing it to nobody.

Much as I dislike the manager, I do want to win games. 

Imagine if we had a brute up front who could finish. Our creative players could have a field day. It would open up loads of space as the opposition would have to close down crosses. At the moment they just say "fill yer boots, Ings ain't beating Zouma in the air".

I agree, just having someone who could really compete physically with defenders and hold the ball up would work wonders for our little guys buzzing around. As it is, we have all the possession laterally, but when the ball goes forward, it's an angled long ball to a sub-6'-er against two or three defenders or out wide for a cross to the same.

54 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

If we sell Bailey then Gerrard, Lange and Purslow need to be binned off. Having no pace or width in the team until the January window will be a real problem for our next manager. 

Since he arrived, Bailey has been almost entirely rubbish and/or injured. He doesn't fit into any of the manager's preferred formations (and the manager seems unlikely to be going anywhere soon), and in the background his gobby relative is proving an entirely unwelcome PR circus distraction.

If we can get anything close to what we paid, I'd be delighted to sell him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Predicting how deadline day will turn out.

Three players in: Bednarek, Dawson, Gallagher.

Three out: Bailey, Douglas Luiz, Mings.

**** hell that's asking for trouble.

I know I'll be in the minority here, but I'd happily cash in on Leon Bailey before his value sinks. He's incapable of doing anything when we're in possession. His strength is using his speed on counter attacks. Any time he's asked to break down a defense that's in position he just dribbles into two defenders and loses the ball or hoofs a cross to nowhere. Unless he's in full sprint, or facing a League One defender, he's not much different than Traore.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I know, almost making myself scared. But at least Gallagher is good?

Is he? He got sent off stupidly yesterday and he will come in to not replace McGinn

4 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I know I'll be in the minority here, but I'd happily cash in on Leon Bailey before his value sinks. He's incapable of doing anything when we're in possession. His strength is using his speed on counter attacks. Any time he's asked to break down a defense that's in position he just dribbles into two defenders and loses the ball or hoofs a cross to nowhere. Unless he's in full sprint, or facing a League One defender, he's not much different than Traore.

maybe if we played wingers he would look good, he has played less than 200 minutes in our 5 games this season out of position