Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

it's a rubbish signing, I'm sorry but I've seen him play and he'd be lucky to be ahead of Hause if Hause was still here.  He's not a starter based on the defenders we have at the moment and that's saying something but no way is he coming here in World Cup year to sit on the bench, he'll be a starter and that is messed up because he's not good enough ahead of the other defenders and that' saying something.  Poor poor signing if it happens.

Absolutely shambles of a signing one which i wont be getting behind im afraid… extremely disappointing month on and off the pitch tbh

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wouldn’t have too much issue with a loan (but I’d prefer and think we need a quality starter, we’re in the shit if Mings gets injured - the other two aren’t up to it if he isn’t in the side) but I’d be pissed off if we spent this kind of money on him when there are better options out there:

If he’s not good enough to start for Soton, he’s not good enough for us - not at that fee!

hope.....is the operative word for Southampton....hoping for £15m

See how we can't get rid of players, not good enough.

we are the gift, that keeps giving.

39 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Nunes to Wolves - £38m - less than we paid for Buendia. Hardly earth shattering money that we're not capable of is it.?

Paqueta to West Ham - £50.8 apparently agreed, nothing actually finalised. Even so, not even a massive fee for a club that has technically finished 7th and 6th in the last two seasons. 

Newcastle are the only ones who are properly making waves in the market but even so, if we spent £65m on Isak I'd be seriously questioning that level of spending on a player who has done absolutely nothing. 

Of course it's going to be competitive to get into the top 8. Its the PL. Lets wait until the end of the window before coming down with definitive judgement. 

(PS: don't buy shit please) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

it's a rubbish signing, I'm sorry but I've seen him play and he'd be lucky to be ahead of Hause if Hause was still here.  He's not a starter based on the defenders we have at the moment and that's saying something but no way is he coming here in World Cup year to sit on the bench, he'll be a starter and that is messed up because he's not good enough ahead of the other defenders and that' saying something.  Poor poor signing if it happens.

My Melancholy is reaching new lows.

Edited by TRO

Just now, Steero113 said:

Nunes to Wolves - £38m - less than we paid for Buendia. Hardly earth shattering money that we're not capable of is it.?

Paqueta to West Ham - £50.8 apparently agreed, nothing actually finalised. Even so, not even a massive fee for a club that has technically finished 7th and 6th in the last two seasons. 

Newcastle are the only ones who are properly making waves in the market but even so, if we spent £65m on Isak I'd be seriously questioning that level of spending on a player who has done absolutely nothing. 

Of course it's going to be competitive to get into the top 8. Its the PL. Lets wait until the end of the window before coming down with definitive judgement. 

(PS: don't buy shit please) 

👍

Would be amazing if we brought some genuine quality in by the end of the window and are all made to look silly, maybe have deals lined up…

Just FEELS like wishful thinking right now though…

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

West Ham spending 60m euros on Paqueta.

We really are going to be left behind if we don't address our central problems.

Going to be an interesting 7 days.

We'll have to see how a technical player like him feels about playing for Moyes after a few games.

Just now, Jas10 said:

👍

Would be amazing if we brought some genuine quality in by the end of the window and are all made to look silly, maybe have deals lined up…

Just FEELS like wishful thinking right now though…

Mood/anxiety level/optimism levels on this forum is driven by one thing and one thing only. 

Our performance in the last 3 league games only. 

If we'd won the last 3 games we'd all be on a massive high and be eulogising over the squad depth, with various players being lauded for their performances and the club just needing to fill "perhaps one spot" with a quality upgrade. 

As it stands, its the opposite, we've won one and lost two with mostly car crash performances, therefore all other clubs business is looking amazing, our squad is dogs**t and we need a huge overhaul before the end of the window just to stand still 🤣

Most of that is in jest, but you get the point. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Mood/anxiety level/optimism levels on this forum is driven by one thing and one thing only. 

Our performance in the last 3 league games only. 

If we'd won the last 3 games we'd all be on a massive high and be eulogising over the squad depth, with various players being lauded for their performances and the club just needing to fill "perhaps one spot" with a quality upgrade. 

As it stands, its the opposite, we've won one and lost two with mostly car crash performances, therefore all other clubs business is looking amazing, our squad is dogs**t and we need a huge overhaul before the end of the window just to stand still 🤣

Most of that is in jest, but you get the point. 

You say most of that is in jest but generally it’s is spot on the mark.

Your not doing yourself justice with regard to the accuracy of this appraisal.

Well said 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The whole idea of signing Jan Bednarek is disappointing, and more so compared to all the CB we've linked to. however i rather get in a loaned CB than buying one this summer ,our money is better spent elsewhere. rather not have Bednarek, but if he's a cheap loan, then i'm chill with that. Alright for cover, i suppose

35 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep really competitive for the best of the rest, meanwhile we are making sure we dont get pulled into a relegation fight

I'm not confident were safe from relegation this season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Until we sign him I'm keeping calm but would just be a stupid signing in my opinion, so I hope it's not true.

As you say, until we see him in our team, its hard to judge, as players respond differently in different teams.

Like you, not been impressed with him at Southampton.