Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Imagine if in some roundabout way, this turns out to be a blessing long term?

Say for example we sign another top CB ( Lacroix for example )

Next summer, we let go of Konsa, then Carlos is fit.

We then have a CB squad of Lacroix ( Or other top CB ) , Carlos, Mings, Chambers.

Possibly a CB stack we wouldn't be able to attract / convince about first team opportunities if Carlos wasn't out.

That's a pretty high calibre CB stack.

Apparently Lacroix is " Two footed " as well, so could cover both sides.

Clutching?

Would be nice and I'm sure we would benefit from selling Konsa for FFP reasons, if we could get 25-30 mill for him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We won’t be adding a new CB as cover. 

Why do u think that? We already made the decision that we needed a new CB this season, hence we bought Carlos. Now he is gone the need to a CB returns. So unless we have zero funds available I would be surprised if we didn't get a replacement

Just now, Chindie said:

I can't see us dropping big money on a CB. I can't see there being the slack in the budget to bring in a CB we didn't expect to need to buy. If we replace Carlos it's going to be on a budget - either a free or a cheap transfer to fill the gap, more replacing a body than a performer.

I'd hope we still have our sights on other positions to upgrade. Though to be honest I'm not convinced of that either.

We’ve invested twice in this area (CB) over the past two windows and there is no appetite to do it again. I’d be shocked if we bring in someone on loan let alone purchase someone else. 
The feeling that we are underachieving with our squad is pretty strong which is why there isn’t a crazy amount being spent on transfers which people expected this window. The solution is simple really, get the current team playing well. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

We’ve invested twice in this area (CB) over the past two windows and there is no appetite to do it again. I’d be shocked if we bring in someone on loan let alone purchase someone else. 
The feeling that we are underachieving with our squad is pretty strong which is why there isn’t a crazy amount being spent on transfers which people expected this window. The solution is simple really, get the current team playing well. 

Just wondering Is this based off a hunch or some info you have access to?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Quite a few assumptions there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Why do u think that? We already made the decision that we needed a new CB this season, hence we bought Carlos. Now he is gone the need to a CB returns. So unless we have zero funds available I would be surprised if we didn't get a replacement

Yes, but we bought Carlos, so why would we go out and spend again on a defender when Carlos is hopefully going to come back in when fit. Maybe if we can get a loan it would be worth it, but how many players are available that are better than what we have? For me I would stick with what we have maybe start with Chambers and Mings, and spend the cash on a forward or no 8.

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Quite a few assumptions there. 

Possibly. I did say in June that we were ‘pretty much’ done with buying players (I can’t remember my exact wording)… I stand by that, even with the recent news on Carlos. 
I love a good transfer though so, really hope we take another dip into the market. I don’t think adding two players to last years 11 is indicative of a club wanting to progress into Europe. 

Edited by Tayls

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

Yes, but we bought Carlos, so why would we go out and spend again on a defender when Carlos is hopefully going to come back in when fit. Maybe if we can get a loan it would be worth it, but how many players are available that are better than what we have? For me I would stick with what we have maybe start with Chambers and Mings, and spend the cash on a forward or no 8.

Because he's going to be out for 6-9 months. That's potentially over 2/3 of the season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Would be nice and I'm sure we would benefit from selling Konsa for FFP reasons, if we could get 25-30 mill for him. 

i think you forgot to put a decimal in that proposed sell value.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

When I say 'spend again', I don't mean it has to be a permanent signing, it could be a loan. I think we absolutely need to replace Carlos as a priority, for exactly the same reasons purchasing Carlos was a priority. There is always better quality available, it is just down to getting the finances to work. 

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Chalobah on loan could be a shout especially if Chelsea land Fofana

Not a bad shout but I don't really like getting young players in on loan and developing them for other clubs. I would prefer an older CB if it was a loan that has proven himself at club level and maybe slipped down the pecking order as the club now have better available

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I hate when I have to Google players linked with us because I have never heard of them. Big lad and good age. 

Before signing Diego, he was on my list of CB's I wanted us to explore. He's a tall lad and is fairly decent on the ball, he might not cost a lot either. He has 2 years left on his current deal I believe.

• Like 1