Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yeah, I accept that....but its just a quick thumb rule..

I suspect, if you did it on minutes, ( more difficult to research) the picture we are suggesting, might not be too dissimilar.

I agree Kaen would be a risk, but for 2 of the seasons that contribute to those stats he was still a teenager. He is still a kid but just one that made it to the big time at a very young age. He looks a real handful of a player to me and I think would be a great sub to bring on in the 2nd half. I would like to take the chance on a loan for him

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yep, I think that would be my preferred pairing for the 23/24 season. Therefore, for this season if we are to purchase another DM it would make sense to get a player that can play 6 and 8 which makes Sangare the ideal candidate imo. I hope OldVillan is right with his ITK

Sorry what ITK have I missed?

1 minute ago, allani said:

I think that football will become more and more about the 16 rather than the 11.  So I think we need 3 players in that role who are all pushing each other so that if one of them gets injured there is no noticeable reduction in quality.  Tim, Kamara and Sangare look like they could / should give us everything that our midfield has been lacking for so long.  Good at tackling, good at pressing, good on the ball, able to resist the press, good passers, good at retaining / progressing the ball as required.  Allows our "8" to be a bit more attack minded (perfect for JJ, McGinn and possibly Luiz).  Means that our full-backs can bomb forwards with the expectation that our defence will not be exposed if we lose the ball.  Makes it more likely that a front 3 are receiving the right type of balls in the right type of areas.

Plus they are the right age to "solve" our midfield issue for the next 6 or 7 seasons.  And that is before you consider the arrival / emergence of the next players from our academy.  AJ looks a complete baller.

13 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I agree Kaen would be a risk, but for 2 of the seasons that contribute to those stats he was still a teenager. He is still a kid but just one that made it to the big time at a very young age. He looks a real handful of a player to me and I think would be a great sub to bring on in the 2nd half. I would like to take the chance on a loan for him

Are we really in for Kane?  Never really liked him but that is a signing that would create a few waves.

Edited by allani

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

And no doubt Jamie Vardy will be knocking on BR's door saying he needs a 3m pay rise as his Mrs ran up a few unexpected bills 

I thought that was funny ....some joker wrote......"she is taking on Johnny Depp in the next round"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Sorry what ITK have I missed?

OldVillan has a sister that works in EU law in some form or other and said Sangare is a done deal but is tied up with some legal issue regarding his registration

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Plus they are the right age to "solve" our midfield issue for the next 6 or 7 seasons.  And that is before you consider the arrival / emergence of the next players from our academy. .AJ looks a complete baller

He could be better than his brother.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

OldVillan has a sister that works in EU law in some form or other and said Sangare is a done deal but is tied up with some legal issue regarding his registration

Can't imagine what legal issues there would be, he would easily qualify.

9 minutes ago, allani said:

I think that football will become more and more about the 16 rather than the 11.  So I think we need 3 players in that role who are all pushing each other so that if one of them gets injured there is no noticeable reduction in quality.  Tim, Kamara and Sangare look like they could / should give us everything that our midfield has been lacking for so long.  Good at tackling, good at pressing, good on the ball, able to resist the press, good passers, good at retaining / progressing the ball as required.  Allows our "8" to be a bit more attack minded (perfect for JJ, McGinn and possibly Luiz).  Means that our full-backs can bomb forwards with the expectation that our defence will not be exposed if we lose the ball.  Makes it more likely that a front 3 are receiving the right type of balls in the right type of areas.

Dovetails with my thinking, perfectly....well said.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, allani said:

I agree about it becoming more about the 16 than the 11. However, I think the 5 subs will take a lot of getting used to for manager. Although, we are allowed 5, we are only allowed 3 occasions to make substitutions. So there will need to be multiple subs of 2 players or more. This may be more difficult to do without upsetting the flow of the game too much. It will be interesting to see how it works out

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

A midfielder who i have mentioned before is technically done..the club is waiting to resolve contract issues with current players(apparent Registration issues in squad also) and move on at least two players..This will go down to wire..possibly close to window closure.

Just so nobody is trolling through all my old posts the player is Ibrahim Sangare

Why isn’t this getting more discussion. Old Villan has been around here forever! 

Would a midfield of Kamara, Sangare, McGinn work well?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I agree about it becoming more about the 16 than the 11. However, I think the 5 subs will take a lot of getting used to for manager. Although, we are allowed 5, we are only allowed 3 occasions to make substitutions. So there will need to be multiple subs of 2 players or more. This may be more difficult to do without upsetting the flow of the game too much. It will be interesting to see how it works out

Indeed.  I think rugby union struggled with that for a while - the switch from the "starters" to the "finishers" often resulted in 10 minutes in the middle where the game just became massively disjointed and both teams managed to lose most / all of their momentum.  But actually now you can see how certain players are tasked with just playing for 50 - 60 minutes but playing at a higher intensity.  I think this might suit the McGinn / JJ issue for example - the two of them playing with high intensity for 35 - 55 minutes without having to "save" energy should serve them well and also give them both enough match minutes to influence matches.

• Like 2