Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

22 hours ago, thabucks said:

Good shout reading this … 

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/sekou-mara-the-latest-gem-to-emerge-from-bordeauxs-academy/

obligatory YouTube video …

(though haven’t actually watched more than 29 seconds of it so if if shit well I’m sorry for being lazy and sharing without watching it fully first) 

3.15 minutes to show 5 goals - each from about 10 different angles.  Doesn't fill me with much confidence.

15 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Since it’s quite dry at the min let’s laugh at this link lol

We would need to hold onto Ings just for the song if this link is true !… Umtiti , Danny and the Villa !.

Probably just media speculation but with Bouby and Umtiti we could have a right good pair 🤣

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What do we do with him when Kamara adapts?

We can't sign proven players for every position. They're expensive.

Will be tough to find an experienced DM, who knows the league that is prepared to be dropped once Kamara finds his feet. Maybe a loan option? Wijnaldum? Can? 

• Like 1

Came on in the 68 minute while we was 3 up. He can do the job but we have lacked a good DM for a few seasons and I don't think Gerrard see him as the answer. Kamara maybe good enough straight away but if he isn't then for me the same problems we have had for 3 seasons still exist.  

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

Came on in the 68 minute while we was 3 up. He can do the job but we have lacked a good DM for a few seasons and I don't think Gerrard see him as the answer. Kamara maybe good enough straight away but if he isn't then for me the same problems we have had for 3 seasons still exist.  

Nah mate, he started. Went off 68th minute when 3-0 up. He ain’t the answer but he can do a job there I reckon. 

In our current system, we don't really need another out and out defensive midfielder because we play a fairly flat 3 in the middle of the pitch. The player in the middle is the holding, defensive midfielder and the other two are expected to cover the fullbacks when they go forward as well as trying to support the attack themselves if possible. It's a really horrible role in my opinion and one of the reasons I don't really like our current system. 

With that being the case, the 3 as it stands are Ramsey----Kamara----McGinn. Gerrard loves both McGinn and Ramsey because they do exactly what they're told and they work hard. They are both actually quite good at covering the fullbacks if you watch us closely. 
The next logical upgrade is replacing McGinn, which is why I think we'll see another number 8 come to the club. I can't see us signing another number 6 unless we're looking to switch to a 3-4-3 or a 4-2-3-1.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

In our current system, we don't really need another out and out defensive midfielder because we play a fairly flat 3 in the middle of the pitch. The player in the middle is the holding, defensive midfielder and the other two are expected to cover the fullbacks when they go forward as well as trying to support the attack themselves if possible. It's a really horrible role in my opinion and one of the reasons I don't really like our current system. 

With that being the case, the 3 as it stands are Ramsey----Kamara----McGinn. Gerrard loves both McGinn and Ramsey because they do exactly what they're told and they work hard. They are both actually quite good at covering the fullbacks if you watch us closely. 
The next logical upgrade is replacing McGinn, which is why I think we'll see another number 8 come to the club. I can't see us signing another number 6 unless we're looking to switch to a 3-4-3 or a 4-2-3-1.  

I think the issue some people have is that Kamara is only 22, and may take time to get used to the league, or get injured/suspended.  If that happens we are back to the same midfield as last year. Luiz or Nakamba as #6.  We need someone, mid to late 20s, who can play #6 AND #8 if asked, and is better than Luiz and Nakamba.    

• Like 2