Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently he is on around 50k a week. Still a decent whack tbf.

I saw £50k a week too, had a look due to chuk

Saw some say £30k a week for him is mental but when sanson earns £50k and sansons place on the bench will potentially be taken by someone who earns even more... 

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon more clubs in the Premier League are trying a possession based game but the fans hate it. If VP anything to go by a few sideways or backwards passes and our fans go nuts. 

‘**** get it forward’!!!

When they lost it with a long ball its "what did you do that for, was a free man 5 yards away" 

Same following Ireland with a new style, some of the comments on the Ireland twitter and Facebook are similar with people who miss hoofball under O'Neill and Mick McCarthy 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Think it's a combination of arrogance and a failure to adopt to facing a different type of football.

That's where I am too, especially with the EL, its a mental block from the PL teams not helped by UEFA making it a lesser competition and the media here peddling myths over the Thursday / Sunday games somehow being harder than Wednesday / Saturday games 

That's why the PL is (was) so exciting and competitive, theres far more mental brain farts and mistakes in the PL from big teams and top players and I say was because that's what city and Liverpool are changing, they're far more consistent and ruthless

The EL is the perfect storm, players who don't always turn up in a competition they don't really give a shit about 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Shocking amount for an untrusted utility player. Football seems kinda broken doesn't it?

Its on the coaching team for me, if a player is paid so much you have to be able to coach ability out of them. They didnt get the wages for nothing so the ability is there

Btw this is not a dig at Gerrard its football in general 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Whoscored has 1 appearance as DM and 33 in centre midfield 

Lens also play 3 at the back so dont play a recognised DM

I think it's more so the case that because 3 at the back formations don't generally have a DM on paper, the likes of WhoScored, Transfermarkt etc just list players as having played CM when in practice it wasn't necessarily the case. If you look at the average positions from more or less every Lens game Doucoure played in he was the sitting, deepest midfield player for them. Similar to Bissouma's positioning really.

21 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Shocking amount for an untrusted utility player. Football seems kinda broken doesn't it?

What was even scarier is that Davis could be on 45k. Cant be right though. I don’t think either are on this much. 

51 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I think this not caring about the Europa League is more or less gone now, or at least should be, that winning it guarantees you a number 1 seed in the draw for the champions league.

This! Was a game changer. Probably our best bet of ever getting in to Champs league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What was even scarier is that Davis could be on 45k. Cant be right though. I don’t think either are on this much. 

I think a lot of our players had promotion clauses to get pay rises. Lovre Kalinic is supposedly on a ridiculous wage as his contract triggered this clause and he hasnt played in 3 years for us

Just now, Zatman said:

I think a lot of our players had promotion clauses to get pay rises. Lovre Kalinic is supposedly on a ridiculous wage as his contract triggered this clause and he hasnt played in 3 years for us

Yeah, I've heard he's on £578,000.00 per week.

• Haha 1

Doucoure is a 6. Whether he played as a CM in a 2 man midfield or not, he's a 6.

Some CMs can't play as a 6 (Ramsey for example) some can't play as a 10 (Kamara) but many DMs can also play in a 2 man midfield.

Infact it was almost always that way, Viera is the gold standard still for physical, dominating presences in midfield. When people describe a DM, if they aren't describing Makelele/Kante, it's Viera. He played in a 2 man midfield most of the time.

Even Makelele often played in a diamond at Real, I'm not saying there were no 3-man midfields or 6's as we know them today, but it kind of (in my memory) came back into mainstream fashion with Makelele/Essien at Chelsea and Busquets in Peps Barca.

100% some aren't as good going from CM to a 6. Our own Dougie is a defensive-leaning midfielder but he can't play as a 6 to the best of his ability - he can do a job - but it's not his role. But I'd be surprised if any potential top-class 6 couldn't also fill in at CM if the role demanded it. Going the other way is more difficult, sure. But seeing one playing at CM shouldn't be a red flag.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We've been terribly run to a degree.

Hence the importance of getting rid of the final remnants of the error and restructuring our wage Vs value ratio.

• Like 1

Seems Pool are closing in on Bellingham.

In the past, you would have thought this is the kind of transfer Man I would be making.

However, it seems they continue to go down the failed " Galacticos " route. Which continues to result in them having brilliant players who aren't a brilliant team.